🎈69. 🎈

Everything just felt different. Despite all the events that have happened, the day felt different... cheerful and full of light. I felt a small amount of weight lifted from my shoulders.

I couldn't wipe off the stupid grin from my face as I skipped down stairs and into the kitchen.

"Well good morning."

"Good morning Izzy." I smiled as I grabbed a bowl from the cabinet.

"Why are you such in a good mood?" She asked.

"After such a shitty summer can't I have a good day?" I asked as I poured cereal into my
Bowl.

"What did you and Richie do?" She asked as she raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing!" I giggled, "he left before dad got home and I took a long bath with bubbles, I had a goodnight sleep and then I woke up feeling really good."

"Dad left money." She said.

"For what? Groceries?" She nodded her head, "I could go." I offered.

"No it's fine, are you going to want anything in specific?" She asked.

"Get chocolate ice cream." I said.

"Okay." She said as she sat next to me with her bowl of cereal.

"Oh shit, what's dad's bat doing in here?" I asked as I poured milk into my bowl.

She shrugged her shoulders, "Dad must of taken it out, maybe we'll have a family day like we used to." She said as she licked her spoon.

I smiled widely, "really? It's been a while." I said as I looked down at my cereal.

"What are you planning to do today?" She asked.

"I'm not sure but Richie and his friends invited me to go out." I said as I scratched my nose.

"Does dad know?" She asked.

I nodded my head as I took a spoonful of cereal and shoved it in my mouth, "I think dad really likes Richie... he asked about him last night." I said as I covered my mouth.

"Really? What'd he say?" She asked.

"He just asked how he was and if he's doing alright." I said as I rested my elbows on the counter, "Hey Izz... there's actually something that happened." I said quietly.

"Okay, keep going." She said as she stood up from her chair and walked over to the other side of the counter to grab her magazine.

"I think Richie's hiding something from me." I said quietly.

"Like what?" She asked as she walked back to her seat.

"About his family and life at home, not one time have I been over, I don't even know where he lives." I said as I scratched my eyebrow.

"Find out the truth." She stated, "how can you have a relationship that doesn't even have trust?"

"We're not in a relationship." I said quietly.

She let out a small laugh as she flipped through the pages of her magazine, "stop lying to yourself, I've never seen two kids so young before already acting like a grown couple, it's kind of amazing." She said as she pushed her cereal bowl aside.

"What if whatever he's hiding is really bad? So bad that I regret finding out?" I asked as I licked my lips.

"Would you rather live with the desire to find out whatever he's hiding or investigate and get your satisfying answers?" She asked.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked down at my cereal, "know the answers." I said quietly.

"Case closed then."

"I'll start tomorrow, I want to today to go smoothly and without any of these crazy thoughts." I said as I took a spoonful of the cereal and shoved it in my mouth.

"Don't forget to feed Dash before you leave." She said as she flipped the page of her magazine once more.

I nodded my head as I stood up and placed my bowl in the sink and walked towards the exit, "Bye!" I shouted as I walked out.

"Have fun!" She shouted back.

I ran upstairs and grabbed my backpack that rested on my bed. I ran down stairs and opened a small closet to scoop food for Dash. I emptied the food into her tray before running out the door.

I have a good feeling today's going to be great.

-
❤️Happy Monday!❤️