🎈41. 🎈

As the days passed a fear within me grew bigger and bigger. I can't explain what it is because I don't know myself, is it the unknown truth that Richie isn't telling me? Is it the fear of the unknown shadow that lurks within every step I take, haunting me? Or is it simply the basics? Family.

I could feel the pit of my stomach burn to the highest temperature whenever I heard Isabelle talk or even when she simply breathed.

Her time here has been nothing but pure hell. She already managed to wrap my dad around her finger, he fell for her trap once again. Even Dash ditched me to sleep in her room now, that's the one that hurts the most.

"How do you feel?" Phoebe asked as he pressed two fingers against my ribs.

"They don't hurt anymore. I think they completely heeled." I said as I stared at the ceiling.

"Broken ribs usually take a few weeks to heal but it's great that you don't feel anymore pain; however, your ribs are still very delicate and you must be extremely careful." He said as he pulled my shirt down.

"I will." I said drily as I sat up and looked away.

"How's the voice?" He asked.

"Great. It's still hurts a bit, kind of like a burning feeling but it's fine."

"The wound on your throat is healing beautifully and so is the one on your abdomen. Bruising is fading, that's great." He smiled slightly, "now just follow the light." He said as he used the same pen as last time and moved it side to side, "perfect."

"Can I Go now?" I asked.

He nodded his head, "great checkup." He smiled, "I'll see you tomorrow."

"Mhm." I hummed as I jumped off the bed and grabbed my backpack that laid on the floor.

"Cole... one last thing. I just wanted to apologize for what happened a few days ago-"

"It's fine. It never happened." I said as I threw my backpack over my shoulder, "Um... you haven't seen Richie around, have you?" I asked.

He shook his head to the side, "not really."

"Not really? What do you mean not really? Did you see him?"

"I saw him walking out of the pharmacy with a few things in a plastic bag." He said.

"Oh really?" I asked.

"Yes. Why?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "You know, he hasn't come to the house. Maybe he's busy." I said as I pushed the topic aside, "I have to go now, I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled as I walked out without another word.

I made my way out of the hospital and gripped the sides of my backpack as I looked around cautiously. I soon became paranoid and flinched at every noise that entered my ears and widened my eyes as I saw different colors flash before my eyes.

I never realized how much I missed Richie. He just disappeared into thin air and I couldn't help but wonder where he could be. I miss his stupid self and I want to talk to him and hug him. I just need him with me right now because I'm freaking out and I need someone to sooth me.

Everywhere I turn I feel like I'm being watched and I'm terrified that Henry might pop out and push me into an alleyway. I looked around as I gripped my backpack straps. I feel someone following me, I know someone is behind me ready to strike when I least expect it.

I quickly began running as fast as I could. I didn't even want to turn Around in fear of it being Henry and his goons.

I think I'm just being paranoid. It has to be. I'm paranoid and that's why I'm freaking out about every single little thing; I'm paranoid.

I reached my house panting like a dog as I entered quickly and locked the doors.

"Wow, what happened to you?" Isabelle asked as she walked downstairs and furrowed her eyebrows.

I let out heavy breaths as I made my way over to the kitchen and grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator.

"It gets hotter each passing day." I panted as I gulped down the cool water.

"Where's Richie? I haven't seen him in a while." She said with a small smirk, "oh wait... I actually did." She said as she slithered over to me like the snake she is.

"Nice try." I said as I set the water bottle aside, "I admire the effort-"

"Fine. Then I won't tell you that I saw him with some blonde girl." She said as she shrugged her shoulders and turned around to walk away.

My mouth spoke before my brain processed what I was about to say, "Wait!" I almost shouted, "a blonde girl?"

"Mhm." She hummed as she turned back around and crossed her arms, "she was practically throwing herself at him and flirting with him."

"How?" I asked quietly.

She raised an eyebrow as her lips turned into a mischievous smirk, "wouldn't you like to know?" She giggled.

"Tell me." I said as I crossed my arms.

She raised her hands up in defense, "Okay Okay, you could see it when she twirled her hair with her index finger and laughed along with him and snatched his glasses to try them on. Richie seemed to be having the time of his life which now makes me actually believe you when you said he's not your boyfriend. I guess those kisses don't mean a thing to him." She smiled, "sad." She frowned as she turned around and took off.

I let out a small breath through my mouth as I blinked away the tears that formed in the corners of my eyes.

There's absolutely no way that Richie was with some blonde bitch; I refuse to believe the lies that Isabelle has told me.

He wouldn't hurt me like that.

Right?

-

Happy Friday everyone! ❤️