🎈60. 🎈

Isabelle slowly walked back into my room and turned on the light.

"You're still awake right?" She asked softly.

I nodded my head and got out of bed while looked down at my bed sheets. They were stained with dirt and blood.

"I think I'm going crazy Isabelle." I said quietly as I closed my eyes.

"No you're not." She said as she walked over to my bed and ripped all the covers off and threw them on the floor, "come on." She said as she walked over to me and grabbed my hand.

She walked me to the bathroom and sat me down on top of the toilet. I watched as she began to run a bath for me.

"I need a shower." I stated bluntly.

"Well no shit." She said as she felt around for the perfect temperature, "stay here." She said as she walked out.

I watched as the bathtub began to fill up. I began to kick off my shoes and take off my clothes.

"Isabelle?" I called out.

"I'm right here." She said as she walked in with clothes in her hands, "finish getting underdressed." She said as she set the clothes aside.

I began to take off everything and stepped into the warm bath. I slowly sunk myself in and I watched as the clear water turned dark, a mixture of dirt, sweat, and blood.

I shivered as I covered my breasts with my arms.

I flinched when I felt Isabelle's hand stroke my hair gently. She went on to filling a cup with water and slowly pouring it over my head.

"I-I'm scared..." I said quietly.

For the first time in her life Isabelle said something kind and her voice was sweet and gentle.

"You can tell me anything Cole." She said as she continued to soak my hair.

"I think I'm going crazy like mom." I said as I shivered violently.

"It's not genetic, she went crazy because Jess is missing."

"I did something that I thought was right... but I'm not so sure anymore." I said as I blinked slowly.

"What did you do?" She asked softly as I felt the soft sponge scrape against my back.

I took in a deep breath as I closed my eyes, "earlier today we were down by the barrens, we wanted to see if we could find anything about Georgie or Jess... a-and I walked into the tunnels by myself and..." I took a pause as my voice became shaky, "Patrick was dead... h-his body was laying on the water decomposing... a-and we just ran out. I wanted to go back and bury him b-because we couldn't just leave him there, but the rest of them didn't want to they were scared of getting caught and police thinking it was them. S-so... I snuck out and I buried him... a-and he grabbed me, he moved Isabelle. He moved."

I didn't hear her say a single word for a long time. I just felt her heavy breathing against my shoulder, "you know what? You're probably just imagining this... maybe you did go out but forgot where-"

"No Isabelle, I swear... Patrick isn't missing he's dead, I saw him with my own eyes." I said with a shaky tone, "and he might not have moved and grabbed my face but I did bury him."

"Okay be quiet-"

"I buried him!"

"Okay okay." She said as she quickly covered my mouth, "take in deep breaths, you're just imagining all of this Cole." She said quietly, "it's all going to be okay." She said in a soothing tone, look at me." She said as she stroked my wet hair. I turned my body around as I kept covering my breasts, "look into my eyes and tell me that for the first time this isn't a joke." She said as she grabbed my face between her hands.

I lost it.

I broke down in tears, in big, salty, wet tears. I can't believe I buried someone without telling the police.

"Izzy... I buried Patrick in the forest next to the barrens." I cried as I gripped her wrists, "a-and I think if I tell the police I'm going to be sent away." I cried.

She pulled me into her chest. She ignored the fact that I was soaking wet and still covered in dirt. She hugged me tightly as she stroked my head gently, "I-I'm going to take care of this okay?" She asked quietly, "but you have to tell me the truth." She said, "why didn't you tell the police?" She asked, "once you saw the body why didn't you call for help?"

"People would of thought it was us, my friends always used to go to the barrens and I didn't want them to get blamed." I said.

She nodded her head, "stay here." She ordered as she pulled away and stood up, "everything is going to be okay, Patrick is just another missing kid to the police." She stated bluntly as she picked up all my clothes including shoes and walked out of the bathroom.

I shivered in the bathtub as I looked at the murky water that was now a very dark shade of brown. I could hear noises coming from my room and then downstairs.

I leaned my back against the bathtub and covered my chest with my knees.

What the fuck did I do?

-

I'm sorry I didn't update yesterday, something really important came up. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!❤️