🎈37. 🎈

Richie was determined to make me feel better. He convinced me not to go home right after the arcade, he took me to the park, Andy's for round 2 and then it was time to actually go home.

We arrived right before curfew as the sun was going down.

"We made it before my dad." I whispered as we walked in quietly so Isabelle wouldn't come out and start bitching.

"Cole! Where have you been?!" My dad's voice erupted through the house. I quickly let go of Richie's hand and pushed him away from me.

I looked around with wide eyes, "Dad, Phoe- Dr. Yang, what's going on?" I asked as I looked at them back and forth.

"Where have you been?! You're not suppose to leave the house. Richie-"

"It was me okay? I begged him to let me go out, don't blame Richie." I sighed, "Dad I had fun today, I'm stuck in this house all day and I'm tired of laying in bed, I can't even stand on our porch." I explained quickly.

"Cole, one bad fall and you can cause more damage to your ribs." Phoebe said.

"I slipped on water already, it hurt but nothing was damaged. I'm fine." I said.

"You're not even safe in your own home! No more going out Cole." My dad said sternly.

"Why so much screaming?" Isabelle asked as she walked down the stairs, "oh... who's that?" She asked as she pointed at Phoebe.

"He's too old for you, sit down little girl." My dad said as he shot a glare at her.

"Yes I will." She said as she quickly walked over to Phoebe and sat next to him, "I'm Isabelle and I'm 19... legal age." She quietly whispered the last part.

"Gross." I cringed.

"Richie if you can't take care of cole, I'm sorry but you can't come over anymore-"

"No no, I can do it. It won't happen again." Richie said.

I bit the inside of my lip as I rolled my eyes, "I'm trapped inside this house like im in a freaking zoo, it's torture!" I shouted angrily, "this doesn't explain why you came home early from work and why ph- Dr. Yang is here." I said annoyed, "What is this? An intervention?"

"We're going to talk to the police, about that day." My father said, "Isabelle go up to your room."

"Dad-"

"Now."

I heard Isabelle click her tongue as she stood up and walked upstairs.

"What do you mean talk to the police? I don't remember-"

"Cut it out Nicole. What are you hiding?"

"There's nothing to hide! I don't know who did it and I don't know why, please just let it go." I sighed.

"Let it go?!"

We were interrupted by a hard knock on the door and I quickly looked around and then looked back at my dad.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I shouted as I walked over to Phoebe as my dad opened the door, "why the fuck would you do this?" I asked Phoebe.