🎈83. 🎈

The only times I feel like I'm actually awake are the hot summer nights. It could be for various reasons why I remain awake, the hot night, my sweaty body, feeling uncomfortable in this weather, etc. Or maybe it's because there's too much on my mind.

It's been a while and all I've been hearing are small whispers. At first I thought that it was all in my head but then I thought against it.

I sat up in bed and kicked my legs over the edge. My feet snuggled in my warm-fuzzy slippers that rested on the floor next to my bed. I think I stood up to quickly since I felt light headed. However, I opened the door and slowly walked down strairs, gripping the railing as I walked down.

The whispers continued to get louder as I approached the kitchen. I squinted my eyes as I walked in.

"Cole, what are you doing up?" My dad asked as he acknowledged my presence. Isabelle turned around and wiped away her tears quickly as she offered me a slight smile.

"What's going on?" I asked as I walked closer to the kitchen table. My eyes soon adjusted to the light and I wasn't squinting anymore.

"We were just talking Nicky..." my dad sighed.

I tensed up at the name and knitted my eyebrows together. I looked over at the clock, "at 3:46am?" I asked.

"Yes." My dad said quietly as he looked down at the table while his hand rested on his chin.

I could feel the tension that filled the air. I felt it through out my body and my muscles tightened as the seconds passed by.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked quietly. I could tell from their red eyes and calm body language that they had a very emotional conversation.

"Um... we were talking and we decided that it would be best if you came with me." Isabelle said in a tone that was groggy.

My lips parted and I felt mixed emotions about this. I felt fright, sadness, anxious, and the list goes on. I slowly walked over to Isabelle and laid my hands on her shoulders.

"Really?" I asked. I felt all these emotions but there's one that stuck out the most: relief.

My dad nodded his head, "Yes." He smiled.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in. The relief I felt made my eyes water, I was finally getting the fuck out of this town. I will miss some of the people but the bad memories outweigh everything else.

"Thank you dad." I said as I walked over to him and hugged him tightly.

"I was wrong about Isabelle. She's clean and sober."

"I know." I said as I smiled at Isabelle.

"We're leaving a bit sooner though." She said as she pushed her hair away from her face.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "how soon?" I asked.

"In a couple of days. I called a friend and we can stay with her for a while. I've already looked for apartments but we still need to see them." She explained.

"I'll send you both money every month." My dad said as he pat my back.

I nodded my head as I looked down at my bare feet. Then it hit me, I won't be able to say goodbye to Richie. It's not like he'll be upset if I left, he made it clear that he didn't want to see me again.

I feel like tearing up just of the thought of not seeing him again let alone hugging him of taking in his scent.

"What do you think Cole? You still want to come?" Isabelle asked.

I nodded my head slowly, "yeah." I smiled happily.

"Okay, go back to sleep and start packing in the morning." My dad said as she gave me a sad smile.

I nodded and walked out of the kitchen. I ran up to my room and turned on the lamp that stood on my nightstand. Despite all the negative issues of this entire situation I felt a bit exited and I couldn't help but begin to pack.

This is for the best.

Right?

-
❤️Happy Monday!❤️
Mine has been kind of... rough but tomorrow is a new day. Anyways, I was thinking of taking a break but we're so close to the end so I'm just going to keep pushing through it. I hope you all enjoyed if not leave a comment on what I can improve.