🎈58. 🎈

-Days later-

This isn't the way I imagined spending my 4th of July. I wanted to eat ice cream and watch the fireworks at night but the universe wants me splashing around in shit water.

The losers have been a bit more welcoming. Over the last few days they have let me into their everyday activities.

"The barrens aren't far from here, if we hurry we'll be back just in time for fireworks." Mike said as he peddled faster on his bike.

"Seriously? You guys want to splash around in shitty water, again?" Eddie asked.

I've been caught up to speed about It and what it actually is and Derry's history that not even I knew about. We also talked about the tragedies that have happened and I got to know Mike on a bit of a person level.

"M-maybe there's so-something that we missed." Bill said.

"Eds lets have a race, if I beat you I get to dunk your face in the shit water." Richie suggested.

"Shut up Richie." He said annoyed.

I held tightly onto Richie's shirt as they all took a left turn.

"Are you really scared of clowns?" I asked quietly.

"They're fucking terrifying." He said as he shivered.

After stealing the instrument of a poor band member Richie opened up about his biggest fear. Who knew a sarcastic blind bat like Richie would be scared of clowns. Well I'm not scared of clowns but I am scared of that crazy clown.

"What are we looking for?" I asked as Richie came to a stop.

"What if we find a decomposing body floating in the water?" Richie asked sarcastically.

"T-that's not f-funny." Bill said as he got off his bike, "l-last time we found shoes maybe t-this time we'll find s-something el-else."

I got off the bike and fixed my backpack straps as we crossed a small stream that led to the barrens.

"It's disgusting here!" Beverly said as she covered her nose with her hands.

"Richie don't touch anything." I said as I stood outside of the tunnels.

"How am I suppose to freak out Eddie then?" He asked.

"Richie-" before I could finish my sentence a big ass bug charged at me. Out of surprise and fright I fell back into the water and heard Richie erupt with laughter.

"It was a butterfly Cole!" Richie laughed loudly as he gripped his stomach.

"Richie have you ever heard yourself laugh? You sound like a dying dog, shut up!" I said annoyed. Mike helped me back on my feet, "thanks Mike." I smiled as I looked down at my dripping jeans.

"That was great." Stanley giggled quietly.

I shot him an angry glare as I stood on top of a rock to stay safe.

"I found something." Ben called out from inside the tunnel as he raised a lighter in the air.

"Wait..." I said quietly as I squinted my eyes, "Ben let me see that." I said as I stuck my hands out. He tossed it over to me and I inspected it carefully, "This is Patrick's." I said as I looked up at them, "Look at the back." I said as I tossed it to Bill.