Chapter 1

Run! Run! RUN!

I keep that one word replaying in my mind as I move like the speed of light, crashing through the branches on trees, bushes, tripping on rocks-all that mattered was that I get as much distance propped up between me and THEM. THEM would be those dark figures running behind me and as I look behind me it seemed that the gap between us had shrunk in less than a nanosecond. 

Ok, that's weird I could have sworn that they were WAAAY behind me just a second ago. I turn back around and then I realize that just turning around for a second had cost me. I come face to face with a crumbling cliff that I seemed like it could drop me down into the dark abyss at any second. Well, that sucks!

"Hey, there she is!" the hooded people call as they close what was left of any other choice of an escape route.

Of course, just my luck! Well, I guess there's only one option left, I have to jump! Oh please let there be a dolphin or something in the ocean below that will catch my fall! I bend my knees preparing to jump when I get this strange feeling that makes the hair at the back of my neck rise. 

I look back to see a guy who appears to be my age dressed in all black and looks to be the leader of the group. He raises his hands and strange lights come out of his hands and it looks like, no it can't be is he casting a spell?! Oh, heck no I'm getting out of here see you later ya creeps! I take a running start and jump of the ledge. AHHHHHHHH-

.....

"AHHHHHH" I scream sitting up in bed. Oh man I really need to cut down on the amount of Netflix I watch.What kind of dream was that anyway those dark dressed kids, no teenagers, they were really creepy. 

BEEP BEEP BEEP 

Oh man there goes my alarm clock, the reminder that I have to go to the torture known as school, urgghhh.So, I reach over and bang the button that turns my alarm clock off, but when I do it bursts into pieces. Umm, ok last time I checked I wasn't Hulk, so how could I have broken that? Shrugging,  I get up and head to the bathroom to wash up so that I can get ready, but I gasp as soon as I see my reflection. Now I may not be the most gorgeous person on the planet, but last time I checked my skin colour was not supposed to be WHITE LIKE CHALK!!! 

I rush out of the bathroom and start pacing around my room, thinking about all that had happened so far. Ok, so I have this weird dream of these kids in dark clothing with weird abilities, I break my alarm clock just by trying to turn it off and then I go into the bathroom to see my chalk reflection in the mirror.

I stop pacing  and shake my head to get a grip on myself. Ok, so I've had a weird morning, but I know what will fix it; some coffe and a good breakfast. I open my closet and start getting dressed for my first day back at school. Usually girls make this huge deal about that  "first day back outfit", but that's not really my thing so I decided to go simple with my favourite blue plaid shirt and black skinny jeans. I had just finished slipping into my jeans when my younger brother Edward bangs open the door and barges into my room, WITHOUT KNOCKING. Big mistake.

Alright I'll admit that what I did may have been a little harsh, but what can I say? I am a girl who values her privacy, a strong girl at that.

"Hey Cas! Do you know where the spare charger is? I forgot to charge my phone yesterday night and I can't find my charger," he says without a care in the world for my privacy.

By the way my full name is Cassandra and my brothers full name is Edward, but neither of us like our full names, which is why we call each other by our nicknames.

"Ed,  what did I tell you about coming into my room without knocking?" my voice is cold and I glare at him like an evil villain.

Ed's eyes grow wide as a saucer an if he just realizes that he made a huge mistake and he starts backing away slowly to exit my room.

I know that normally when you see your little sibling make that kind of face that you should probably take pity on them and let them leave, but the thing about me is that I'm not normal. Not to say I'm mental or anything, but I just never take pity on my little brother, but I never expected it would go THAT far.

"Ed, I'm sorry but you know how I feel about my privacy," I say as I swing my leg back.

"Cas, wait!", my little brother tries to reason with me, but it's too late. I do what I usually do when he violates my privacy, give him a light spin kick out. Well, at least it was supposed to be a light kick because I am a black belt in karate so I know how to control the pressure of my kicks. I did not expect to end up giving him one of my gold medal spin kicks that I have used to win so many competitions.

As my foot collided with Ed's chest, he goes flying through my door and hits the wall across my door with a SLAM! As a result the wall is completely cracked behind him and pieces start falling on the ground. 

"Owww," Ed moans as he rubs his head and slides down to the ground wincing in pain. The poor kid is covered completely in cement dust from head to toe and if it weren't a serious situation I would laugh at how much he looked like a ghost. But looking at the scene before me, I have no urge to laugh, instead I want to cry in despair.

That's when the wooden door of my room, with it's huge hole in the centre that shows the outline of my brother, chooses to fall down on the wooden floor, squeaking on its way down with a huge crash. Of course after hearing all this my parents are alerted.

"Cassandra! Edward! What was that sound?" my mother asks worriedly.

"You better not be fighting again! You know how much we've told you to get along!" my dad scolds.

"Ohhh man." I start worriedly pacing and try to figure out a way to get out of this mess because right away I can tell that there is no way to clean up this mess before my parents arrive.

"Hey Ed, are you alright?" I rush over to my younger brother and try to help him stand, but he's unsteady so I give him my shoulder to stand on.

"Thanks Cas, I'm alright now. Wow what the heck happened?" Ed exclaims looking around as he's seen the wreckage for the first time.

"Yeah, haha guess this is the result of me kicking you out of my room. Literally."

"Yeah, about that kick you gave me, that wasn't you," 

"What do you mean it wasn't me, I'm the only one here who could've kicked you!" I exclaim confused.

"Hold on and just listen before you blow your head. What I meant was it started off as your usual kick, but then it felt like something turned on and added power to it," Ed explains to me slowly as it seems like he can hardly believe what he just experienced actually happened.

"Um, I think that kick knocked something in your brain bro because what your saying makes completely no sense-"

"Look, you've kicked me a billion times over the years and I know how your kick feels! That wasn't it!" Ed yells loudly.

"Look, Ed-" I begin to try to reason with him that he is just imaging things and that he may need to go to the hospital to check his head, when I get a jolt of reality.

"What in the world happened here!" 

I turn around to find my parents staring at the disaster that is the hallway with round eyes.

Oh right, I didn't fix the wreckage. Dang it!