Chapter 16

I watch as the rest of the spars take place one after another, seeming to flash by, bringing the second test closer with every passing minute.

Each spar is drastically different from the last, the winners either being clearly decided from the beginning, or coming in at the last second.

I won't name all the abilities I saw - mostly because there are just too many - but I will say that each one is drastically different and unique than the rest. Not one person had the same ability, they were all different, which is crazy considering how many of us there are. There was a girl named Aspen who can control weather in an area, another one - a boy named Randell - has fast reflexes causing him to be able to be able to stretch and deliver powerful physical attacks in response. These two definitely seemed dangerous to me and I made a mental note to make sure I watched my back around them.

Please, don't let them be in my group in the second test. I silently prayed, hoping that my luck from the first test would stay with me.

After those two, there were two others who caught my eye. One being a girl who had the power over the violet flower - she can make it appear out of the ground, or out of her hands to use it's stem, leaves or the flower itself as a weapon-and yes her name is Violet. Then the second guy - Dilan is his name I think - can make bombs appear from different parts of his body, or release the material that explodes afterwards from his hands. These two seemed powerful to me, but they didn't seem dangerous like the other two.

It would be nice they were in my group. Samuel too.

Soon, we finished up the first test and it was time to begin the second one.

"Okay guys, that wraps up the first test! We will let you know your overall score once the second test has been completed!" Andy tells us and we all give him questioning looks, since they never said we were going to be scored.

Flare notices, then comes over to explain it to us. "In the beginning we told you we were test your different skills per test." We all nod, understanding this. "Well, we are not the only ones who need to know your skills. You need to know it as well."

"Our scores will let each of you know your strengths and your weaknesses so that you can improve. That is why they will define the training you undertake as well as your missions." After Flare's explanation, we now all have expressions of understanding on our faces.

"Alright, now it's time for you guys to rest up and recover! Feel free to eat and drink to get your energy back, but make sure to meet back here in an hour for the second test!" Following Rash's words we split up, some head over to Sky to get healed, while others head to the caf.

I chose to stay behind in order to avoid any unnecessary confrontation and sit down against the wall of the gym, closing my eyes to relax.

"Here, eat this."

I open my eyes to find Trace, holding out a granola bar to me. Reaching up my hand I take it from him, peeling back the wrapper and before I know it, it's gone. Huh, I must have been more hungry than I thought.

Trace chuckles as he slides down the wall to sit next to me. "Don't worry, we were all like that. You tend not to notice your hunger when you're sparring." I smile in return, the knots in my stomach I never knew I had unraveling.

Trace scratches the back of his neck, then opens his mouth to say something. "Hey bean sprout, I'm sorry for destroying your social life."

I laugh. "Trace, that implies that I have one." He looks uncomfortable and I nudge him in the arm. "Hey, I was joking! Besides, beans can't really talk anyways." He gives me a smile in return. "No, but they can develop."