Chapter 41

Argh. This is really getting annoying! Where am I anyway?

I think to myself as I slowly open my eyes, but immediately regret doing so. The room lurches and I close my eyes, groaning, as pain washes over my body. Starting with my head, pain shoots through my body hitting my shoulder and find its way to new places that I had no idea were even injured. The only reason for this that I can think of is that my 'caring brother' must not have transported me properly.

Trying to push the pain away and the bile coming up back down, I once again try to open my eyes. This time I find that I have more success as my vision begins to focus, allowing me to take in my surroundings.

The first thing I see are metal bars, followed by four stone walls closing up what is starting to look like a cell. There appear to be two beds, but nothing else seems to fill the cell. Those iron bars seem to be the only way to enter or leave this cell. Darkness envelops the small enclosed space, meaning that there must not be a window, or any other holes in the stone walls. On one of the beds sits Andy with his back to me while the other bed that I assume to be mine is empty. Once I realize this, it dawns on me why I have been feeling so cold and that the ground underneath me feels hard. That jerk left me lying on the floor!

"Well, looks like the princess finally decided to wake up." At the sound of his voice, dread takes hold of me as my stomach churns. His tone of voice is not mocking, nor is it like that time when he was masking his emotions and lost control. This time is different. There is only one word I can use to describe his voice. Rage. Pure and simple. He is one hundred percent angry at me.

"This princess would've liked to actually sleep in a bed, I'll have you know!" I respond the way I always do, hoping my joking manner might get him to lighten up. I was wrong.

"Huh. Well you seem to like to sleep anywhere, so I didn't think it really mattered." His cold anger continues and I begin to boil with rage myself.

"Okay, what exactly are you so mad about? If you didn't notice, we're both stuck here." He still has his back to me so, slowly, I start to stand, wincing as the room tilts around me. Placing my hand on one of the walls to gain my balance, I make my over to Andy. As I approach, he finally turns around and I stand in front of him with my arms crossed. In his eyes I see the same coldness I found in his words.

"Yes we're both stuck in here. If I recall, the reason for this is because someone refused my warnings. This person decided to put themselves at risk and got fatal injuries in the process. Not only that, this person relied on their weakness instead of using the powers given to them by a friend." His words are like daggers as he stabs mistake after mistake into me. What makes it worse is that I had already realized these mistakes and his words only reawaken the feeling of helplessness within me.

The fact is simple; I rushed the fight. I didn't think and it cost us everything. However, I may have messed up, but I tried. No matter how skillful I have gotten in the past two weeks, I am still new to all of this. I made a decision that I thought was right and paid the price for it. This does not mean that I am going to give up. I will not let Ethan win! That means I have to let it go, and so does Andy. The time has come for him to get off his high horse.

My anger has bubbled to the surface as all this swirls through my mind and as a result a loud smack echoes through our cell. This sound and the stinging pain of my palm tells me exactly what happened. I slapped Andy. Regardless, my shock barely lasts a second as I unleash a flood of words at Andy, my anger taking over.