Chapter 46 ~ Violet

"Y'know staring at her like that won't make her heal faster. In fact, it kinda makes you look like a stalker," I humorously advise Dilan as I smile lightly from the doorway. "Not that you totally wouldn't stalk her if you could." I tease and Dilan finally looks up at me from his position beside Ev and shakes his head in mock irritation.

"You know me so well." He grins wryly and I find myself returning his grin. Though after a moment, that smile leaves his face as fast as it came, and he goes back to staring down at Evelyn in worry. I walk over to nudge his shoulder and he flicks his red rimmed hazel eyes at me.

"Hey, she's going to be alright! Have some faith in her!"I know though that as soon as those words leave my mouth that they have no effect.

"How can you say that? How are you so sure? What if a wound reopens, or she faces internal bleeding, or-" Placing a hand over his mouth, I stop what seems to be his thoughts of all the negative outcomes of Ev's situation.

"Woah! Hold on there!" Once I make sure that he has calmed down enough, I remove my hand off his mouth and grab onto his shoulders instead.

"Look, I won't lie to you. I'm not going to tell you that I'm not worried, when the truth is that I am. The thought of her dying has me so nauseous that I haven't been able to eat anything since we got here."

What I say is actually true and it makes me feel bad. Adalena has been very hospitable towards us. Since she healed Ev, she has spent every moment in the kitchen making dish after dish for us with Leah at her heels. The dishes themselves are amazing, but the worry for Ev has the nausea in my stomach doing cartwheels and I am unable to take a single bite.

Taking a deep breath I continue.

"But that doesn't mean I don't believe in her. In fact my belief in her to pull through is the only thing keeping me from pulling my hair out! It fills me with strength and pushes me to keep going no matter how I feel. Ev is strong Dil. We both saw it first hand remember?"

"I know." He looks down at Ev in admiration, holding her hand tightly.

"Then stop being a baby and believe that she'll pull through!" I shake his shoulders gently and jokingly scold him.

"Hey!" He looks up at me and his hazel eyes shine once again, the tears gone. He finally lets out a joyful laugh and smiles a real smile.

"There we go!" His laughter is contagious and I find myself joining in as we both laugh.

"Hey Vile! Adalena's looking for...you?" Sam walks in confused as he sees us both laughing hysterically.

"Did I miss something?"

"Nope!" I clear my throat after my laughter finally subsides, Dilan does the same.

"Okaaay." He looks at us as though we lost our minds, and he may very well be right. It has been a long couple of days. Besides if it keeps us from falling apart, then I am alright with that.

"So, what did Adalena want?" Mule shrugs his shoulders at my curiosity.

"Not sure. All she said was to call you over," His eyes move from mine towards Evelyn's pale body. "How is she?" He questions and in his eyes I can see it, the same amount of worry that was just in Dilan's. Deciding to pull the brakes before the train wreck, I grab his hand and tug him with me towards the door.

"Oh no, we are so not going that road again! Hey Dil, I'm gonna go see what Adalena wants, so I'll catch you later! Let's go, Mule!"

"Huh? Wait, what? What's going on? Vile!" Mule cries out in bewilderment as I drag him behind me. Dilan chuckles from behind me.