Chapter 12

I trudge through the woods on autopilot, letting my feelings control my movements. I know, in normal situations this would be a very stupid move, but since I'm not normal I can count on my navigation to direct me. This way I won't get lost.

I turn right and find myself face to face with a small mountain. Really? Actually, wait, I take that back. I kinda expected something like this to appear, honestly.

After I ran out from my sparring with The Jerckface, also known as Andy, I was offered to have dinner with Sky and the boys, but I refused. I know they were worried and that they were just being kind, but after what I went through I needed some space. So, choosing to be a nerd, I skipped dinner and made my way over to the library that The Jerckface had mentioned earlier to finish my homework.

However, even after the exhausting day I had I couldn't sleep, so I decided to go on a walk to get some air. Well in this case 'walk' is more like hike.

I'm surprised that I even have any stamina left for this, but I guess anything is better than thinking about The Jerkface. I can feel the sweat pouring down my face and back as I reach a short cliff leading up to the mountain.

I take a second to stop and catch my breath, wiping the sweat out of my eyes. I look up at the cliff and immediately remember that nightmare/dream I had the day my powers were unleashed. I shake my head, clearing it.

There was no way I was going to think about all that when I had come all this way to forget about it. I place my hands and feet in proper holds, beginning to climb up slowly to prevent myself from falling to my death. As I make my way up, I concentrate hard on pushing myself up as my arms and legs begin to ache. I would not let this little cliff be the end of me after what I went through today.

After about half an hour, I reach the top of the cliff and, placing my hands above me on the edge, I use all of my strength to pull myself up unto the top of the mountain where I collapse, breathing hard. As I'm panting trying to regain my breath, I lay down on my back with my arms stretched out like a scene in the movies and stare up at the stars above.

It's pretty late, so all the stars are out in full bloom stretching out one after another across the sky, sparkling as if they were tiny diamonds. My breath gets caught in my throat as I stare, having never seen something so beautiful in my chaotic life before. After a while, I get up, stretching, then make my way over to the edge of the cliff, sitting down and letting my legs swing back and forth.

I lean back and close my eyes to enjoy the peace all around me, but as soon as I close my eyes the image of The Jerckface's cold eyes stains against the darkness behind my eyelids. I sigh. I still don't understand. Why did he change so suddenly? Was it something I did? I thought we were getting along pretty well, considering how bad I am with guys.

Suddenly, my thoughts are interrupted by a sudden scrape as someone falls onto the cliff behind me.

"OUCH!!! That hurt."

I turn my head and find Flare collapsed on the ground, panting. I jump up and walk over to her, giving her my hand to help her stand.

"You know, you guys are just perfect for each other!" She throws her hands up in exasperation as she whisper yells in the quiet night, where you can hear the owls hoot and the wind blow. I give her a questioning look as she places her hands on her hips and glares at me. I know that she's not mad just really annoyed, but I can tell that coming up here may that have been a smart decision on my part.

"I mean seriously! One turns into an automatic jerk robot and the other decides to hike up a mountain and scale up a freaking cliff! What, did you guys hits your heads recently, or have you always been this freaking stupid! You're lucky I'm here to keep you guys in check!" I can tell she's not done yet, but I give her a hug to calm her down.