Chapter 45

"Welcome little sis!" Ethan exclaims as rises out of his chair and walks over to me. He runs his hand on my face in a brotherly concerned matter that I know is fake. "Poor thing! You're not looking too well!"

Hm I wonder why?! It's totally not your fault, you little-

Cas. Focus. Andy warns, coaxing me out of my rage for the moment. Focusing back on Ethan, I internally prepare myself for the words that are going to come out of my lips.

"Eth, I'm so glad to see you!" I infuse my voice with as much enthusiasm as possible, not only shocking Ethan, but myself as well.

"Well, this is a surprise!" As much as he tries to hide it, I can see it in his eyes. He is both shocked and confused at this turn of events. It takes every ounce of my will power to keep this charade going.

"Well, being locked up in that cell gave me a lot of time to think, and, well," As part of the charade, I shoot Andy a deadly glare. At least I hope I do.

Sorry Andy.

No big deal! It's basically the same as you always treat me!

"I've realized where my allegiance should lie. If you'll still permit me to join you that is." I force myself to act completely remorseful, as though I were an idiot for refusing his offer. Silently I pray that the nausea I feel of having to go through with this is not appearing anywhere on my face.

"Well, this is unexpected, and great, news!" Ethan exclaims, throwing his hands into the air, before walking over towards me.

"And what news would that be?" A new voice asks from behind us. I turn around and the figure I see before me has me gasping in shock. Before me stands Victoria Price, the head of the Imperial Government. Her dirty, blond hair is tied in a tight ponytail on her head, she wears a navy blue blue blazer with matching pants and shoes. Her hazel, brown eyes stare at Andy and I inquisitive as though trying to figure something out, but her face set in stone shows none of this.

"Ah, Vic! Nice timing! Sorry for invading your office, but I thought you'd want to see them!" Ethan happily greets her with no formality at all, shocking Andy and I. As though he senses our confusion, Ethan explains.

"Vic and I are childhood friends! I'm the one who urged her to become the head of our government! She's great, isn't she?" Ethan exclaims causing Victoria to clear her throat.

"I believe that is enough of that. Ethan, care to tell me why our guests have not been healed of their grave injuries?" She questions Ethan, who only shrugs in response.

"I thought they would be more forthcoming with information this way!" His response only furthers my impression that he is a maniac. He might also be a sadist.

"But have you even bothered to question them? Have you found any new information?" They look at each other silently and in the moment that passes, something passes between them as she nods then steps back. What exactly is going on? The question was meant more for myself than anything, but Andy ends up responding.

It must be how he is able to control the government to help with his plan. He must have some control over her. He did say they were childhood friends.

Then we just have to find a way to get her on our side! If we manage to do that then maybe-

We can have the upper hand! If we turn his blackmail back on him, we'll be able to get the inside scoop of his plan from her!

Do you think it will be enough to stop the war?

Probably not at this point. But, it will definitely give us an advantage!