Chapter 20

"I found it!"

At the sound of Flare's exclamation several hours later, my eyes fly open and I take in a warm sensation underneath my head.

Oh, you have got to be kidding me!

Looking beside me I find Andy with his head leaning against my shoulder and my head leaning against his.

We must have dozed off. Looks like that seal really took a toll on us.

Choosing to distract myself from Andy thoughts for the moment, I turn my attention towards Flare.

"What'd find Flare?"

"What those seals imprinted on your hands are. Can you wake him up for me? He'll want to hear this."

I push Andy off his chair, where he face plants against the hard wooden floor.

"Owwww!"

Flare raises an eyebrow at me. 'It's better than lighting him on fire!' I mouth and she responds with 'Touche'.

"Thanks for joining us Andy! Flare has found some information about our seal."

"What'd you find?"

"Trace would you mind explaining for me?"

"Certainly." Trace, who was reading it with Flare,  picks up the book and shows us the set of two pages open towards our seal.

Bonding of Hearts

"From what I can gather, it appears that the two of you have a bound that reaches farther than the depths of this world."

"Meaning what exactly?" Trace signals to Andy that he wasn't done explaining yet and continues.

"What this means is that, going off the title, the two of you have perfectly synced hearts that were made for one another."

"Wait you mean like soulmates?!" I ask incredulously, but Trace shakes his head.

"Your hearts are bonded, but not in a romantic way. They are forged together in means of friendship. As your bond develops, you will be able to act as one and feel what the other feels throughout your daily lives. Any romantic interest that comes is natural and is your honest feelings for one another."

"So your basically saying that instead of being tied romantically through the soul, we're tied in companionship through our hearts?" Andy questions Trace who nods.

"In summary, yes."

"Woah, that's awesome!" Rash shouts excitedly, causing those in the library to turn and stare at us.

"Sorry!" Rash shouts and they all turn back to their respective tasks.

"Have to agree with Rash on this one. It is really cool!" Sky is jumping up and down, giddy with excitement.

Huh. I guess it's not as bad as I thought.

"Looks like we're going to need to do some training together to figure this out." Andy shoots me a half smile and turns to Trace. "Any other information in that book?"

"None I'm afraid. It seems that the two of you have been granted a rare gift that has yet to be fully discovered and documented."

"Well, that's just great!"

"Hey don't worry Caterpillar! We'll figure it out together!"

And that's exactly what I'm worried about. I don't know if I can handle any more alone time with Andy right now.