Chapter 30

"Cas."

Hm. Who's kicking me?

"Cas. Get up." I feel another kick on my back and I groan as I shift my sleeping bag away from the monster that is interrupting my sleep.

"Five more minutes." I mumble into the comforts of my 'bed', refusing to acknowledge the fact that I had to get up out of my warm cocoon.

"You said that an hour ago!" All of a sudden I feel a pair of hands unzip the sleeping bag, grabbing the edge of it and before I know it I'm rolling out if it and onto the ground. The cold air of fall hits my thin pjs and I groan as I rub my fists across my eyes then try to stand. As I'm swaying in place, with bed hair a yawn escapes my lips and I hear a soft chuckle come from behind me.

Looking behind me I see Andy with a smirk on his face as he stares at my half asleep stance. "Never met someone who hated mornings as much as you do. I mean I thought I was bad, but you..." he trails off and I feel myself bubbling with embarrassment and anger, causing me to fully snap awake. Marching over to him I grab my sleeping bag out of his hands and start to hit him with it repeatedly.

"Shut. Up. And. Go. Die. In. A. Ditch. You blockhead!"

"Okay, okay! Dang that hurts!" 

He throws his arms up in defence before grabbing onto my wrists and stopping me from being able to hit him again.

"You deserve it, you blockhead!"

"Blockhead? That's a new way to flirt ."The half smile returns to his face and in response I bring my fist up from our close proximity and punch him in his stomach, hard.

"Ow! That's going to leave a bruise!" He says as he doubles over, clutching his stomach. I respond with a smirk as I push him away and proceed to grab my black clothes, towel as well as washing necessities out of my travel bag.

"Serves you right! No one takes away my sleep!" I'm about to walk away, but Andy being Andy decides to annoy me further than he already has.

"Nice pyjamas by the way!" I'm wearing a pair of black pyjama pants with Disney characters on it and a light blue t-shirt because sleeping in jeans and a jeans jacket would have been too uncomfortable. I know Blockhead probably changed clothes to sleep too, but since he woke up before me he had time to change before I could see him. Apparently, I do not have the choice.

"Shut up!" I start angrily stomping away from him and over to the river to change and wash up for the day.

"You have ten minutes and then we're leaving!" He yells after my receding figure and I turn back to him with a pout on my face.

"What about breakfast?"

"We'll eat while we ride since someone wouldn't wake up and put us an hour behind schedule!"

"Well it's not my fault that someone keeps pushing us to ride until godly hours of the night!" Ever since the first day, for the last five days Andy has been insisting that we keep riding until eight or nine at night, ten if we stop for lunch, using a flashlight to light our way and makes me get up at seven in the morning. This change in sleep schedule has left me tired and today it really put a toll on me as I couldn't get up on time.

Looking back at Andy, I watch as a mischievous smiles slowly morphs it's way onto his face. I take a few steps backwards as he starts to walk towards me and before I know it the distance between us is closed. As I look into is dark blue eyes, the same colour as the sea, I can see that he is planning something.

"I think I've got just the thing to wake you up!"

"What are you-hey!" All a sudden he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder as he makes his way to the river and then it hits me; he is going to throw me in.