Chapter 9

I head back to my own room after leaving Ed's, lying down on my bed on my back with a sigh. I drape my arm against my eyes, staring upwards at the ceiling. Man I can't believe how much my life has changed in just two days! On top of that, to make things worse, it seems my powers aren't normal either, so I have to go to the headquarters of The Unwanted earlier.

Speaking of The Unwanted, I'd better text Andy that I finished talking to Ed. Andy, the other bomb that exploded on my life these past two days. I never thought that I would ever talk to a guy, let alone fight or text one. I sigh inside. Well, here goes nothing. It can't be worse than our actual conversations, right?

Hey I finished talking to Ed.

There we go. A simple text, there's no way anything can go wrong with this, right? Argh, whatever I'm just gonna hit the send button. I throw my face into my pillow, bracing myself for what his reply will be.

A few seconds later and my phone buzzes letting me know that I have a new text message. No way, he replied already?!  That guy is something special. I brace myself as I open up my messages and click on his contact. I face palm as I read his message, I knew it!

Caterpillar, miss me already?

Irritated, I quickly type back a reply.

You're the one that told me to text u!

Are we meeting up to go to The Compound or not?!

Feeling angry, I start repeatedly punching my pillow. Why does he always make me feel so lost to the point where I can't think clearly around him?! I start feeling weird, then I remember that when my emotions are out of control, my out of control powers also come out.

I force myself to take several deep breathes and calm down just as my phone vibrates again.

Relax Caterpillar, I'm just kidding!!

I'm heading over now.

I should be there in about 20 mins.

I sigh. Wickleberry, you're really annoying u know that?

Ik ;)

I sigh and shake my head as I get up to change. From the looks of things, I'm probably not going there for sightseeing. That's why I decide to dress in training clothes; black tights and a navy blue tank top, then I throw on my jeans jacket. Partly because it's getting late so it'll be cold, but mostly because I honestly can't go anywhere without it.

I tie my hair up in a ponytail, then grab my phone to check the time. It's 4:50 and Andy said he'd be here at around 5:00, that means I have just enough time to take the five minute walk to the park nearby that we'd decided to be our meeting place. I put on my running shoes, grab my backpack, then head out the door.

Five minutes after I arrive at the park, Andy pulls up in his car. He gets out with that half smile of his already on his face.

"Don't even think about starting anything!" I glare at him as I make my way to the passenger's seat.

"I didn't even say anything!" Andy laughs then opens the passenger side door for me to get in. Oh, how nice of him! I roll my eyes as I get into his car, and he gets into the driver's seat, starting the car.

I spend the car ride string out the window quietly, but every now and then my eyes can't help drifting over to look at Andy's profile. I hate to admit it, but he actually looks pretty cool when he drives.

Andy looks over, and I look away startled. "Caterpillar, do you really like staring at me that much?"

I start blushing, to hide my embarrassment I answer, "You wish, Wickleberry!".