Chapter 51

"I think you should accept his offer."

"Are you serious?!" Andy exclaims, but quickly lowers his voice at the reproachful look that Dr.Healmer gives him.

"Keep your voice down! Anyone could be listening!" The doctor warns Andy, who nods his head sheepishly.

"Sorry. But are you sure it's the best idea?"

Dr. Healmer nods before elaborating. "I think you know already, but if we escape it's not enough."

"You mean the war?" Andy replies as his gut wrenches from the words and she nods her head.

"As you've no doubt summarized, that will be the result if Ethan does not get his way. My theory on the matter is that Ethan needs both you and Cassandra. However, at the moment he needs you more."

Andy takes in the doctor's words, confused. Why would Ethan  need him more than Cas right now? Didn't he need the triblood power that Cas had to turn the tide in his favour and get people to submit to him? But then, why offer for Andy to join him? Unless he was afraid that Andy would escape! If that we're the case, what did Andy have to offer?

The moment he asked himself the question, he knew the answer.

His knowledge.

As leader of the Oath Bound, which technically made him the leader of the Central Compound, he had knowledge of all the other Compounds. In fact, the previous Oath Bound leader allowed him to visit the other compounds with him once, when he had chosen Andy as his successor. Though he may not remember the way to get to them very well, his navigation ability sure did. Something Ethan would have full access to if he were to join him.

Since Andy had the knowledge of the other compounds and had visited them, even if it was only once, it meant he could also be a means of communication. With Andy's help, Ethan would be able to enter any of the compounds with ease, allowing for his plan to take affect. If that happened, they would all be full bloods in minutes! Not to mention he would have all the information at his fingertips and who knows what he would chose to do with it.

"Seems you've figure it out." Dr. Healmer says as she smiles at him grimly.

"Yeah, but I'm confused. If I decided to join him, wouldn't that give him the information? Why should I join him then?"

"I knew you would bring that up. This part is going to suck, but it's a give and take situation."

"No." Andy cuts the doctor off before she can explain any further.

"Andy, I know you don't like the idea but-"

"But what?! We give him what he wants so that we can learn what he has up his sleeve? In case you've forgotten doctor, he already has a whole plan figured out! And what do we have? Nothing! Cas and I don't even know if we'll be able to escape! Any plan we make will be rushed based on whatever information I manage to get and somehow send through a signal to Trace! There's no way we'll win! We'd be putting the lives of countless bibloods on the line all for the sake of a risky idea!"

Dr. Healmer absorbed Andy's rant and had to admit that the kid wasn't wrong. If only Ethan and others like him could be as sensible as he was, the world would be in a much better place. Sadly, Ethan was a lunatic and if they didn't try something to delay the war, many more would suffer. At this rate the war was inevitable the moment Ethan found out about Cas' escape and their role in it. They needed anything at this point, even if it meant, sadly, giving Ethan what he wanted at the moment.

"Look Andrew, I'm well aware of everything you've said. However, you know as well as I that there is no stopping the war. Once Cas escapes, Ethan will be furious. He'll probably escalate his plan, if not going straight into the war. That's why we need someone strong to hold him off and give him the information he needs. It's the only way that we'll be able to get Cas out of here safely. You'll need to hold him off, that's why if you don't do this for anyone else, do it for her."