Chapter 36

Cassandra.

Oh hey, you're back. I sarcastically reply to the mysterious voice in my head. And here I thought that I was finally free of your presence.

That is not possible, my dear. Clealry to mock me, the voice paused for a second before it said my dear.

Whatever. What do you want? Did you really have to knock me out just to talk to me?

My wish was not to speak to you, but to have you see some more visions without any distractions.

THAT'S WHY YOU KNOCKED ME OUT?!

Well, yes.

I sigh internally. You know what, I don't care. Can we just get this over with?

As you wish my dear.

Enough with the 'my dears'! In answer the visions begin to cycle through, bringing the pain with them.

Just like Andy was hoping for, the vision are of the mission. Unlike last time, however, I am at an angle where I can see the beasts perfectly. Once again I can tell that they are in the woods, not far from where we are right now. There are eight of them hunched down onto the ground and I can see hints of prey they had just eaten around them.

Okay, eww!

You must focus.

Oh c'mon! You can't tell me that you didn't find that disgusting at all!

All I get in response is silence and I know that I am right, so I focus back in on the vision.

Wait a second, those are not beasts! They are werewolves! As in full blooded, movie star werewolves!

What does this mean?

Think hard, my dear.

Okay, so my 'brother' just came with his whole full blooded plan and the way he was talking it definitely sounded like he has ties to the government. Which means that this whole mission was actually a trap set by Ethan!

You figured it out. The voice says, approving my deduction.

Now what? I ask the voice, at a loss of what to do next.

You must figure that out on your own.

Oh come on! You're not going to help me? I ask the voice in a complaining voice. There is no response and I feel both the vision and the voice leave my head. Figures.

...

"Cas."

I feel a hand shake my shoulder gently.

"Yo Cas, are you there?" Once again the same hand shakes my shoulder again.

Argh, why won't whoever it is leave me alone and let me sleep?

Wait...this feels familiar.

"Dang it Cas, if you don't get up in five seconds I'm going to shock your hair with the worst hairdo you could ever have! Get. Up!" The hand that was just gently shaking my shoulder a second ago is now shaking it roughly.

That along with the threat to my hair allow me to come to my senses as I jump to my feet. "Andy don't you dare!"

"There! Finally! I was starting to think your only power was sleeping your life away!" I smack the back of his head in annoyance and rub my tired eyes.

"What happened? How long have I been out?"Looking up at the sky I can see the sun as it slowly sets, dying the sky in a light orange hue.

"Relax, you've only been out for a few hours." He says as he pats my shoulder gently.