Chapter 25

You know it's pretty sad when you get used to having headaches, but I have had so many this past week that it has become a norm to me. While the unbearable pain factor remains the same, it is no longer a surprise when my head starts to buzz. What will always surprise me though is the visions themselves and how vivid they always are. I mean I've only had one so far, but this one is just as vivid as the first and just like before when the images begin to roll in I focus my attention to be able to absorb as much info as possible to tell the Oath Bound.

Argh. More blood? Seriously! This blood is pooled around something though, but no matter how hard I try I can't tell what it is. I try so hard that as a result my headache gets worse, if that's even possible. In the end I'm unable to figure it out, so I decide to keep this little piece of information to myself for now well aware that the wise decision would be to do the opposite. There was no need to worry anyone over this though if I wasn't one hundred percent sure what 'this' was.

As the blood fades, I give an inside cheer followed by restraining myself so that I don't puke. I mean Andy is standing right below me and while I would love to pelt him with something gross in revenge, it sure wasn't going to be my bile. Not only did I have some dignity it would be so embarrassing to puke in front of the guy after I had threatened to punch his lights out.

Well I didn't say that, but you get the picture.

The scene shifts to display a huge forest, one that surpasses the two woods I've been to so far, and as I take it in I can see a group of what appear to be some kind of animals. My vision does not give me a clear view from the angle I am spectating from, but what I can make out is that they're huge, hairy and do not appear to be friendly at all. Well I think that I can judge these books by their covers. They're clearly not going to become my best friends. Aww man and I just made a new batch of friendship cookies too!

As this scene fades and I'm left in darkness, I wait a few heartbeats anticipating the next one, but nothing comes. Well that was a pretty short vision. Just as I finish thinking this, however, a final vision explodes against my eyelids and I groan in a mixture of pain and annoyance. You just had to make a grand entrance, didn't you?

Turning my attention to said vision I get hit with two images simultaneously back to back. The first being some big official building, foreboding with its presence and automatically I realize that it's the government building. Huh. Weird. The second image is a plain grey coloured cell housing only a toilet and a bed which automatically sends a shiver down my spine. One things for sure, I am not getting captured. Even if I did I'm pretty sure the ones who capture me will be the ones getting tortured not me since I'm not the greatest presence to be around even on my good days. Imagine the monster I would be if I were to be captured.

Once the vision subsides I open my eyes to find myself falling down through the air, my wings having disappeared as I've run out of energy. Before I can think of a way to save my behind before I become a majestic pancake I find myself out of time, so I close my eyes and await the impact while I curse in my head. Just as I'm expecting to hit the ground I...don't. What in the? That's when I notice the warm arms underneath me and I realize I've been caught. Huh. Maybe he's not so useless after all.

"Caterpillar." He whispers softly and I can hear the worry threatening to seep through.

I open my eyes to find his deep blue eyes staring into mine filled with relief and something else that I can't quite seem to pick out. We stare at each other for a few moments before I break the silence.

"Hey Wickleberry." I mange a hoarse reply as I smile up at him and he returns my smile with a genuine smile of his own that I've never seen which causes my heartbeat to kick into high gear. If Andy can hear the frantic beating of my heart though he doesn't say anything about it.