Chapter 31

"Is everything in order?"

"Yes m'am everything is going exactly as you have planned." I didn't devise this plan you blundering fool. Funny how just because you are at the top of the ladder, in this case head of the government, everyone just assumes you are some intelligent being.

Gritting my teeth in annoyance I nod my head at my secretary, giving him his cue to leave my office in peace. For a young man with curly blond hair and light brown eyes in his early twenties he could be quite smart while other times he could be quite dumb.

"Joshua!" As I call him back, he pokes his had back into the door.

"What is it, m'am?"

"Would you be so kind as to bring me another cup of coffee?" The day was only just beginning yet I could feel a slight headache coming on.

"Yes m'am, right away!"

"And Joshua?"

"Yes?"

"Do try not to spill it on your blazer this time?" Turning slightly pink at my words he nods his head repeatedly as he turns and leaves my office once again.

I sigh to myself as I rise from my leather office chair that sits behind my rectangular, mahogany desk with a large bookcase sitting behind it. Making my way over to my filing cabinet across the room, I quickly tie up my dirty blond hair into a tight pony tail and straighten my blazer. Taking a file out of the cabinet, I place it on my desk to prepare with my 'meeting' with the one who actually devised this plan. I say meeting when in actuality it will be a visit as the one visiting in question is not able to release their identity to make an appointment.

It is quite difficult to be the head of the government when I'm only twenty.

As I take a seat back in my chair Joshua comes back into the office with a steaming cup of coffee in his hands that I gratefully take from his hands.

"Thank you Joshua. You may go home for the day." At my words, his expression turns into one of shock and I smile lightly at him. Poor las barely gets a break.

"Um, uh, are you sure m'am?"

"Yes I am quite certain. It is time you have yourself a break! I'll be alright on my own for the rest of the afternoon."

He looks as if he wants to object, but I hold up a hand to cut off his words, still smiling lightly at him.

"Your works is not going anywhere anytime soon. You can come back and finish tomorrow."

He nods his head with gratefulness etched onto his face as a smile lights up his face.

I can't have him here when the meeting starts.

"Thank you, m'am!" As he turns to leave with a slight spring in his step and I chuckle lightly to myself at the sight. Once Joshua leaves I get a buzz on my intercome, so I press the button to accept it.

"Ms. Price, your guest is here to see you." The familiar voice of Mandy informs me and I mentally prepare myself for the visit.

"Thank you, Mandy. Please send him in." Straightening the papers on my desk, I sit up straight as I take a deep breath to prepare myself to be subjected to an unwanted visit, but one I am unable to get out of. Victoria Price, pull yourself together. You must do what is needed to protect the Centre Sanctum as head of the Imperial Government.

"Victoria! Its been awhile hasn't it!" A voice energetically booms as I stare up into the cold, calculating hazel eyes of Ethan Walker. He is sixteen with straight black hair that tends to fall into his hazel eyes.