Chapter 17

I decide the best course of action would be to find Violet and Dilan first, so I make my way over to them.

"Hey guys! You're Violet and Dilan, right?"

They both look over at me and smile.

"Cassandra, you're fight was amazing!" Violet beams at me with pale pink lips, lighting up her pale olive skin. She's a head shorter than me with long, straight, black hair that reaches her waist. I can see the excitement shining in her hazel eyes, as she stares at me.

"Um, thanks? I don't think my sparring was anything special though. If anything, I think yours was way cooler." Mainly because I didn't want to increase their hatred of me by using my full power, since they'd probably call me a show off.

"Why not just say that all our abilities are awesome and leave it there?" Dilian speaks up and when we look at him he gives us a shy smile in return. Dilan - a head taller than me - has short, straight, blond hair with bangs stopping just short of his pale blue eyes. "I agree with that!" Violet nods showing that she also agrees.

"Can I be included in that?" We turn around as Samuel makes his way over to us. "Hmm, that's a tough decision," I pretend to be thinking hard as I stroke my chin, while I look over at Violet and Dilan. "What do you guys think?" They play along with me. "Haha guys, very funny." Samuel shakes his head at us as we all pretend to reach an answer at the same time. "You're in." He rolls his eyes and the four of us laugh.

"Alright! I have one more preposition to add! From this day forward, we are an unbreakable squad!" Violet proclaims as she looks at us, awaiting our answer.

"You mean like in Harry Potter?" They all look at me and I shrug my shoulders defensively.

"What? I like to read okay!"

"Then does that mean we're all in Gryffindor?Because I personally prefer Slytherin." Samuel asks.

"I personally prefer Ravenclaw." Dilan answers.

"No, it's got to be Hufflepuff!" Violet exclaims.

"While I prefer Gryffindor. Why don't we do what, for some reason, was so taboo." They all look at me questioningly.

"Be a united group with people from all four houses! I don't know about you guys, but I think that's the greatest unity you could possibly have." At my bold declaration Violet sticks her hand up, palm facing outwards with a smile on her face.

"In that case let's join hands in agreement that, no matter what, we'll stick together!" With smiles on our faces Dilan, Samuel and I all join hands with Violet. Dilan clasping Violets, Samuel interlocks his hand with Dilan's and I in turn do the same with Samuel. Then we all bring our fingers down, enclosing our fingers in a giant fist.

"It's a promise!" We all say, before tugging down once and throwing our hands in the air.

"Can we join this little nerd party?" An icy voice says from behind. That's when I notice the fearful expressions on the faces of Violet and Dilan. Samuel and I look at each other, confused, before we turn around and as we do our smiles fall of our faces to be replaced by expressions of distaste.

Aspen and Randell stand there crossing their arms, with smirks playing on their lips. Aspen is about my height with wavy auburn hair that reaches just past her shoulders, her pale skin reflecting the coldness displayed in her dark, blue eyes. Randell in turn is about two inches taller than me, with dark brown hair styled to stick up, pale and his eyes are cold grey.

Well, isn't this just peachy? I think to myself as I sigh inside my head.

You must embrace what it is you find most undesirable. Of course the mystery being in my head has to chime in now. I roll my eyes inside my head as I reply. Yeah, I'll let you know if that actually works.