Chapter 38 ~ Violet

Okay Violet you're here, now what?

Now that my adrenaline has flown through my veins. The emptiness allows me to re-examine my circumstances and I start come up with a strategy on how to distract the enemy.

Okay, let's start with scouting out the enemy!

Crouching down, I slowly make my way over to the side of the library. Staying in the shadows as cover, I make my way over to a small, square shaped window and use it to peer into the library.

It is old fashioned, made out of wood with wooden shelves and tables spread out within it. The bookshelves are fulled to the brim with different books. Cas would love this. As I continue to look around I notice that the ceiling is pretty high, but like the rest of the library it is made up of wood. Looks like that's out of the question as an escape route.

My hope is restored, however, as I notice a door in the back of the library. Perfect. Now all that's left is to locate the enemy and save whoever it was that was screaming.

As soon as I think this I manage to find both of my targets near the front of the library. A group of three stand huddled together in front of something. No, someone. Looking closely there are two guys and a girl surrounding a chair. On that chair sits a young girl about seven or eight years old and she is shaking with fear as the group of three peer at her while talking to each other. From my distance I can only hear parts of their conversation.

"-need to feed." The taller guy on the right says, but I am unable to make out any facial features due to the black hoods pulled up and over their heads. How convenient.

"Ethan said to wait." The girl in the middle whispers in response. From my vantage point she appears to be about the same height as Cas.

Ethan? Who is that? Is that their leader? And what m's the deal with feeding? What is going on?

"can't wait...feed on her blood...late." The shorter guy in the left harshly responds to the girl while waving at their captive.

Feed on blood?! Like a full blooded vampire?! I thought those weren't around any more! What in the world is going on here?! Regardless, I have to get that little girl out of here!

I take a deep breath and activate my ability and my blood power as I make my way to the back door. The layout of the library is imprinted in my mind and I'm going to have to be quick if I want to make it out alive with their hostage.

Focus Violet. You can do this!

In order to get this done I'm going to have to bound those three with stems, then take the little girl and make a run for it with my blood powers. I'll just sprout as many flowers as I can to blind them and buy some time.

Okay. Here goes nothing.

Taking a deep breath, I push open the back door which squeaks open in response.

Not good.

"What was that?!"

"I think there's an intruder!"

Crouching down quickly, I make my way over to the nearest shelf and hide behind it. Crap!

"I don't see anyone!"

"Look again! Maybe they're by the shelves!"

Crap! Crap! Crap! This is not good! I can't bind them if I can't see them. Stupid vampire super hearing!

Okay, calm down. Think.The easier way to fix this is if I can draw them all together. Alright let's give this a shot!

Making my way over to the front desk, I crouch behind it. My heart is beating fast and I take deep breaths trying to calm it down. The desk is the perfect place to hand behind as it's close to the little girl and the front door. Escaping using the door the enemy heard me enter from would be fatal.

Alright. I have to draw them to the middle of those wooden tables. The easiest way to do that is by knocking stuff over to make them think that it's me. Stems and leaves won't work here. I'm going to have to try using roots like I've been practicing with Mule while Cas was gone.

Although I still have trouble pulling it off, it's the only way. Closing my eyes I focus in on the energy within my body. Finding the stem energy then the leaves and finally I find the roots. Here we go.

Somehow, I manage to successfully bring it out. One by one roots begin to sprout out of the wood by the shelf I was hiding behind before.

"Over there!" I hear their footsteps as they make their way over to the shelf.

Haha. Idiots.

Changing location, I then sprout some more roots behind a shelf not too far from there and knock some books down in the process.

"They're moving! Don't lose them!" The girl shouts the order, letting me know that she's the leader of this small group.

All right. One more shelf and then to the middle of the tables.

Once again I let some roots sprout at another shelf close the middle. At the sound of more books falling, the three of them make their way there. Once the three of them reach that location, I then let roots sprout at the wooden table in the middle of all the others, knocking it down onto the ground.

"Their at the tables! Hurry!! We've got them. You can't run intruder!"

That's what you think.

The three of them then make there way to the middle and now stand in my line of sight.

"Huh? Where'd they go?!" The shorter of the two guys cries out as the three of them look around in confusion.

Now!!

I let out stems and bound the three of them together.

"What?!" The three of them cry out in shock and I use their shock to my advantage as I race with my vampire speed to the young girl. I keep my hood up to keep them from seeing my face.

"Hey there. Don't be scared! I'm not going to hurt you. Let's get you out of here, okay?" The poor girl is in shock and only manages to nod in response. With her bounds free, we make our way to the door as quickly as possible with my speed.

"You thought these vines could keep us?" The lead girl intones from behind us.

Oh no.

Turning behind me I find the the three of them standing before me, unbound.

How did they break free so fast?! What am I supposed to do?!

Just then an explosion breaks through the side of the library, knocking the three of them to the ground. When they try to get up, they find themselves stuck to the ground with cement.

Explosions? Cement? They're here!

"That was a close one Vile!"

"What would you do without us?"

"Mule, Dilan, Ev you're here!" I cry out in delight as the three of them walk through the whole in the wall to stand in front of me and the little girl.

"V, we'll talk later! You have to get the girl out of here!" Evelyn urges and I nod my head in consent.

"Got it! Um, there's just one problem. The entrance is on fire." I point in the entrance's direction. Evelyn and Samuel look at Dilan.

"Sorry! I'm still trying to control it at its new rate!"

"It's fine. I'll put it out." Activating her ability, Evelyn makes her way over to the entrance and sprays it with water like the whose firemen use.

"There. Now go!" Shaking my head to clear it from the shock of seeing the strength of Ev's power, I nod my head again.

"Got it! By the way your ability is awesome!" I yell out as I make my way out the door with the little girl riding on my back.