Chapter 49

"Up. Wake..."

A voice drifts into my consciousness and I try my best to fight it, clinging onto sleep. The voice I'm hearing though, unfortunately doesn't get the message.

"CAS WAKE UP RIGHT NOW OR I'LL THROW YOU OUT THE WINDOW! PLAN OR NOT!" The voice registers as Andy and his voice bellows into my consciousness, shocking me awake.

I sit up fast, startled. "Wh-huh? What's going on?"

"What's going on is that you're about to blow our plan with your inability to wake up in the mornings!" Andy hisses and I roll my eyes.

"Not any more than you are with all your yelling!" I whisper hiss back and he shrugs.

"Didn't seem like anything else was going to wake you up." He states in defence.

Sighing, I shake my head and rub my temples in irritation. The sun had yet to rise, and I could already feel a migraine growing on me. "Whatever. What are you still doing here anyways? I thought you would be back in our cell by now."

"It fills me with warmth to know that you're going to miss me Cas." Andy sarcastically informs me as he holds a hand to his heart, faking that he is touched by my words.

"Yeah, yeah." I dismiss his remark with a wave of my hand, but inside I can't help the sadness I feel at the fact that we were going to part for a while. Shaking my head to clear it, I pushed my confusing feelings to the side for when I had time to deal with them.

Andy chuckles and shakes his head at my response. "I was actually just about to head out for your information, but I knew someone would need a wake up call before I left." Andy teases and I find myself wishing we were standing near each other so that I could punch him in the arm.

"Gee, thanks. How thoughtful of you." I tell him, the sarcasm dripping into every word.

Flashing me a half-smile as usual, he winks at me. "Your welcome, it was no problem really."

Although I shake my head trying to be annoyed, I'm unable to suppress my smile. Finally rising out of bed, I tie up my bed hair before walking over to Andy with my arms crossed over my chest. "Listen here, buddy. You be careful, got it? Don't go trying to play hero!" I reprimand, poking my finger in his chest for added effect.

"Cas, I don't play hero! I am one!" He mocks and, rolling my eyes, I whack him on the head annoyed.

"Oww!"

"I'm serious, you idiot!" Fuming, I glare at him as I cross my arms on my chest again.

Noticing my worry, Andy stops his teasing and a somber expression makes its way onto his face. Closing the distance between us, he envelops me in a warm hug that I return despite my earlier annoyance. I sigh against his shoulder as I hug him tight. "I'm sorry, Cas. I'll be careful, I promise. I'll follow our plan and I won't do anything more than that. Okay?"He promises as he gently strokes my hearn.

I nod into his shoulder before pulling back. "You promised, so you can't break it!" I warn and he throws his hands up in surrender as he chuckles.

"I wouldn't dare to try and defy you, Caterpillar!"

Laughing, I shake my head. "Had to make sure, Wickleberry."

There is a soft knock on the bedroom door. "Cassandra? It's Doctor Healmer."

"Come in." I softly call and the door opens a second later. Dr. Healmer appears, already dressed in her work clothes. She takes in Andy and a mischievous glint appears in her eyes as she takes in how close we are to each other. One look at that causes Andy and I to immediately spring apart, putting as much distance as we can between us. Clearing my throat, I immediately change gears before Dr. Healmer has time to make a comment about us.