Chapter 4

"WHAT!" I yell, then close my mouth, blushing bright red as everyone in the hall turns to look at us wondering what is going on.

Normally if I were with Katie I would have told them some excuse to quickly get them to turn their attention away, but at that moment I just stood there, blushing, too shocked to speak.

The only thing I could do was to use my wavy, long, light brown hair to cover my red face. Boy am I glad I didn't decide to get a back to school haircut. That's how shocked I was.

But, while I was shocked numb Mr. New Kid was able to plaster on that new kid smile of his again.

"Sorry guys! It's my fault! I caught her off guard by telling her she looks cute, sorry!" He throws up his hands in apology with that annoying grin plastered on his face again.

Of course, by saying this it causes the crowd to begin whispering amongst themselves, while glancing back at us. Uggh, I really hope Katie already made it to her math class, otherwise I'm going to have the biggest migraine by the end of today.

"What, am I not allowed to complement someone?" He asks and he stares at everyone innocently, which cause them to completely drop the issue and continue on to class.

Once the hallway becomes rowdy again I turn towards Andy, my 5'7 frame shaking with embarrassment and anger. "That was completely uncalled for!" I whisper shout at him.

"Hey, you better calm down before you attract their attention again!" He tells me, while giving me a worried look. "Are you okay?"

"Oh yeah I'm as fine and dandy as a dandelion! Okay?! Okay?! How the heck am I supposed to be okay after all that just happened!" I whisper to him, while taking a few steps back to try and calm myself, taking deep breaths.

"Look I know it's a lot to swallow, but the first step is that you have to accept it-"

"Wait, if I'm part of The Unwanted, doesn't that mean that my parents and brother are too?"I interrupt to ask him this, wondering how, if it is all true, why I was never told.

"Your brother, yes. Your parents, no" he begins to explain why. "The Unwanted as you know are half bloods, we call them Bibloods, and the reason for this is because the amount of supernatural DNA in our families is decreasing per generation. In fact, it has decreased to the fact that it has gone from full blood every generation, to half blood every generation, and now half blood every other generation. That is why you and your brother are bibloods, but not your parents."

He stops to see if I understand and he smiles from seeing me trying to put the pieces together and make sense of everything. To be honest, I'm still in shock, but a lot of the things that happened today are starting to make sense. Now I get where Ed was coming from, so I guess I owe that kid an apology.

"*Sigh* Man, I said too much! I wasn't supposed to say anything until your parents told you!" He runs his hand through his hair exasperated.

"Wait, you said it before too, but my parents knew about this? And they didn't tell me?" Wow, and I thought that we were a pretty close family, I mean we tell each other everything, no questions asked, so why?

"Like I said before, your parents are under the category of The Never Changers. Meaning they are the ones who hope that they can live their lives as a family, without telling their child, who they are hoping will live a normal life. But, as you've seen today, regardless of wether or not they tell you, the powers of that child are unleashed on their birthday and it never goes well, right?"

He startled me with that question and I can't help flashing back to the scene of my broken down door and Ed struck against the crumbling wall. I look away from Andy's eyes that seem to know it all without me having to tell him. "Weeell, you could say that," I answer in a roundabout way, not wanting to approach that subject. "Anyway, are all parents The Never Changers? Are your parents?"