Chapter 33 ~ Violet

"Are we there yet?" At Samuel's question, I internally face palm in agitation.

"No, no we're not there yet Mule! For the love of-would you stop asking that? We literally left, five minutes ago." I feel the annoyance drip into my tone as I push my hair away from my face.

"Hey, all Flare said was to go south. How am I supposed to know how long it'll take to get there!"He throws his hands up in his defence and I sigh.

We had spent the previous afternoon packing up all our things and putting a schedule together to make sure we make it there in time. Although the schedule is important, Flare told us that there may be things that come up that could delay us, so we take our time and deal with every situation with a clear head. Once that was done we saddled up our horses the next day and proceeded to ride out.

We each had our own horse. Mine was jet black with faint violet streaks in its hair and coat. I decided to name her Aurora to show that she may be dark, but she shines bright. Dilan's horse is brown in colour with streaks with black hair and a black streaks across its nose. Under the light it appears to glow orange, so Dilan decided to name him Phoenix as he will rise to the fight no matter what happens. When it comes to Samuel's horse, it is pure white and he boasted about it being perfect for him. Claiming that it is a horse perfect for a 'knight in shining armour' to which Dilan and I rolled our eyes before smacking him simultaneously on his arm.

Anyway, he decided to name his horse Luna and said it was because she glowed like the moon. He also said that it would help his 'princely image', but I am going to pretend I never heard him say that. Once we came up with these names, each of us ended up forming a quick bond with our own horse.

Although now that we are on our way to a dangerous mission, that has not stopped Samuel from being irritating, in fact he has gotten worse. I am pretty sure that he is only asking that dumb question to get on my nerves. Thankfully, Dilan steps in to help.

"Samuel, can you tell me where we're going please." He glances at Samuel out of the corner of his eye and he looks back at him with confusion written all over his face.

"Dude, I told you already. Just call me Sam!" I try and hold back my laughter as Samuel throws his hands up in exasperation. Dilan only glances at Samuel out of the corner of his eye again and I manage to catch the slight smirk on his lips.

"Don't change the subject." Samuel starts in shock and he scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

"Um...uh...it's the Southern Sanctum. Why're you asking?" At his response the smirk on Dilan's face grows and he cups a hand to his ear, pretending he did not hear.

"I'm sorry, what?" Now Samuel is fidgeting and the confusion he feels is growing.

"The Southern Sanctum?" Dilan nods his head a couple times.

"This Southern Sanctum, it's locates in the south, am I right?" The confusion still has yet to disappear from Mule's face and I sigh inwardly. Oh Mule. He's clearly pulling your leg.

"Uh, yeah? So?" Mule bites his lip and starts thinking. He must be starting to think that something is wrong by now.

"And this Southern Sanctum, are we able to walk right to it?" I can barely hold in my laughter as Dilan turns to face Samuel, who is still deep in thought. Oh, come on!

"No of course not it's-" Understanding dawns his face as he looks up at Dilan with a glare on his face.

Dilan puts in a mask of innocence. "It's what?"

"It's...days away." Samuel mutters and I am unable to resist picking on him to as I lean in with a hand on my ear. Mimicking Dilan's earlier action.