Chapter 2

"What happened here!" my mom exclaims.

Ok, so I probably should have come up with some kind of response, but let's be realistic here...there is no reasonable response I can give for what I did.

"Mom, it's not Cas's fault! What happened was-"

"Sorry mom! It's just Ed came into my room without knocking, and you know how much I value my privacy! Looks like I underestimated my skills a bit, aha,"

I shoot my brother a look to tell him that we should keep what we talked about between us.

"Ok, let me get this straight Cas, your brother didn't knock on your door and you thought it was grounds enough to, well, DESTROY OUR HOUSE?!"

My dad  looks at me as though I've gone crazy, and, well, after hearing him say that it DOES sound pretty crazy, but hey in the moment I had my reasons.

"Edward honey, are you alright?" My mom asks as she checks Ed for any injuries.

"I'm fine mom!" My brother pushes mom's hands away, annoyed.

"You know, I'm running out of reasons to tell your school why your brother keeps missing his first period class, Cassandra," my mother tells me at a loss of what to do.

"Just tell them he overslept...again, and- Oh, crap! I'm late!" I exclaim as I rush back into my room and grab my bag, flying past my parents as I head downstairs.

"This conversation is not over yet young lady!You will be punished after school!" my dad yells after me as I rush to the kitchen to grab my breakfast.

"Ok Dad! We'll talk when we get back, I promise!" I tell him and if I sounded off handed about, I was, because my dad may sound strict, but he can actually be easy going. Meaning the only punishment I'll get is probably another two hour lecture about how I need to value my brother and the house better blah, blah, blah.

Well, while I had a crazy morning I know that there's one thing that'll make it better! Coffee!! I poured some coffee into my thermos and grabbed a slice of cheese on toast, then headed out the door to school.

...

I arrived at school ten minutes before the bell and as I was grabbing my books from my locker, my best friend Katie comes rushing over.

"I would ask where you've been, but knowing you you probably attacked your brother again didn't you?" Katie rolls her eyes obviously annoyed.

Katie and I have been best friends since we were five years old. Just like what is typical for our personalities, we bonded while we were fighting over a glue stick and have been "stuck" together ever since, get it? Anyway, she's like a sister to me and I trust her more than anything.

"What, you know how my privacy and I work!" I say in defence.

"I have no words for you right now. I feel bad for Ed. Anyway, I have something more important to talk about," Katie says changing the topic.

"Is it about The Unwanted? You're obsessed," I say.

"Well, excuse me for being caught up with the news. Anyway, apparently they're starting this new program where they're integrating members from The Unwanted into schools as a sort of "treatment"," Katie says clearly as flabbergasted as I am.

"You're kidding! That's ridiculous!" I exclaim at a loss for words.

The Unwanted are a group of half bloods, but unlike regular half bloods, while they are half vampire, werewolf, elfs, or fairies, etc., they also have other supernatural powers like magic or psychokinesis. You would think that it would be awesome to see, but not when they torment the world and cause fires or other horrible accidents to occur. Anyway, there's so much to be said about them that if I were to explain it all it would take days, so instead I'll be explaining as I go. Let's just say that The Unwanted are like dragons, cool but deadly.

"I'll show you the news broadcast later, but we should get to class now," Katie says pulling me back to the present. As she says that the bell signalling the start of first period rings and we head to our English class.

Now, I usually love English and the teacher, Mrs. Sanders, is really nice. I was feeling happy as I slid into my seat beside Katie in the middle of the front row, but as I looked up and Mrs. Sanders walked in, my jaw dropped.

I'm pretty smart and I should have expected something like this to happen after hearing Katie talk about that news broadcast, but I didn't.

"Good morning class and welcome back to school! Before we begin, I'd like to introduce a new student to the class," Mrs. Sanders steps back and lets the guy next to her introduce himself.

"Hey guys! I'm Andrew Windrickson, but call me Andy! Oh, and I'm a member of The Unwanted, but don't worry I'm not as dangerous as they say I am. Hopefully we can all get along, and I can change that!" Andy sounds pretty chipper as he looks around the class, smiling like an idiot.

Hey, I'm all about giving people a chance, and I probably would have welcomed him to be my friend even, if it weren't for one thing.

HE'S THE LEADER OF THE GROUP OF PEOPLE FROM MY FREAKING WEIRD DREAM THIS MORNING!!