Chapter 18

I open my eyes and find myself lying on my bed staring up at the ceiling of my cottage.

Confused, I try to sit up only to be held down by Sky.

"Easy there, you need to rest a little! I may have healed you, but you still need rest!"

"Sorry." I mumble and Sky chuckles. "What am I doing here anyway?" In answer, she holds out a tray of food to me, that I immediately start devouring.

"It's been two hours since the second - and last - test ended. Everyone is resting up, eating dinner and getting ready for the closing ceremony." My eyes grow wide at this news.

"Wait, are you serious? I've been knocked out for TWO HOURS?!"

Sky nods seriously in response. "The wounds you took from those two were no joke. Next time, you may really have to fight them as though your life is on the line."

I think back to how quick they attacked me, ready to kill me without a second though, and I feel goosebumps on my arms. Shivering involuntarily, I feel Sky lean in and give me a hug.

"Hey! You'll be fine! I may have been worried before, but seeing how you handled yourself showed me just how strong you are - both on the inside and out - which is why I'm sure you'll be able to beat them!"

"Thanks Sky."

"Now hurry up and eat so we can get you ready for the closing ceremony!"

I finish eating my dinner while making small talk with Sky.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you!" At Sky's sudden exclamation, I stare at her in surprise. "What?"

"You should probably check in with Andy after the ceremony!"

"Why?"

"Well, while you were unconscious, he stayed right next to you, holding your hand and didn't move until a couple of minutes before you woke up. He had to go help with preparations for the ceremony."

After Sky reveals this I don't know how to respond, so I continue to eat my food uneasily. What the heck am I supposed to say when I see him?

"Of course Rash and Trace were worried too. Then there's Flare who was about to tear them apart. It took all of us to hold her down while we had to bear with the pain of being burned alive, literally."

"I'll bet." I give a wry smile.

Shovelling the last few bites of my dinner in my mouth, I hand the tray back to Sky who leaves my cottage to dispose of it then comes back.

"Okay let's get to work!" Sky helps me rise out of my bed and I slowly walk over to my suitcase then pull out the clothes my parents got me.

"Ooo, that knee high dress is so pretty! You're going to look beautiful in it with those shoes!"

I'm instructed by Sky to go take a shower. When I come back she helps me into my dress and heeled black shoes. Then she sits me down on a stool and softly brushes my hair, braiding a strand of hair from the right that she clips in the back. After that she pulls out some make up.

"This is my gift to you Cassidy! Congrats on making it through the tests!"

"Um, I'm not really a fan of makeup." I awkwardly say, while rubbing my right arm.

"Never too late to change! Besides, I'm sure Andy would like it." She raises her eyebrows up and down suggestively, causing me to blush tomato red.

"SKY!!"

She chuckles in response. "No, but I'm serious Cassidy! You're beautiful already and this will help bring out that beauty! Be more confident in yourself!"