Chapter 7

Argh. I face palm inside at my stupidity, wishing that there was a whole I could bury myself into and disappear. I can't believe I just called him Wickleberry! Andy is staring at me and from his expression I can tell that he is just barely holding in his urge to laugh at me. He wants to laugh at me does he? Well, two can play that game. 'Insert mischievous laugh here' I put on a smile and pretend that what I just said was completely natural, that it is not causing me any embarrassment. "I called you Wickleberry! It's my new nickname for you!" Andy raises an eyebrow, while keeping his sarcastic smile on. Oh no, what have I gotten myself into?

"That's a very creative nickname you got there, Caterpillar!" Andy responds with a smug look on his face. Oh my gosh, I really want to punch this guy, but if I do Katie will spend the next eternity trying to make me fell guilty about it, and after last night, I think I've had enough migraines for a while.

"And Caterpillar is better, how?" I respond while I raise an eyebrow myself this time. "Hey, you're the one that started it! Now, let's see how long you can call me Wickleberry in public for!" Andy looks as if he's won the lottery because he knows that I would be too embarrassed to keep using his nickname. Well, I did say I was going to play his game, so here goes nothing. I place a smug smile on my lips and respond by saying,"Oh, trust me it'll be longer than you can call me Caterpillar in public!" Oh no, I've done it now and there's no way he'll let me back out of this!

"Oh, is that a challenge I hear? Ok Caterpillar, you're on!" He smiles mischievously as he holds out his hand and we shake on it. "You're on, Wickleberry!" After we seal the deal I then turn to Andy in all seriousness to talk to him about what I experienced yesterday. I mean, if anyone knows what is going on it's got to be him, right?

"So, I'm guessing you didn't come here just to challenge me, am I right?" Andy looks at me expectantly, waiting for me to tell him what happened. I sigh. Things will go by faster if I just skip the whole 'how did you know' and just tell him what happened.

I start by telling Andy the gist about how my parents told me everything and how I now know that my powers are going out of control due to my overpowering emotions. Then I tell him that I decided to go on a walk to clear my head, which obviously causes him to interrupt me with, "Wait, wait, wait. You were just told that your emotions make you unstable, but you decided to go on a walk with unstable emotions?! Argh, and this is why you don't trust the Never Changers to explain things properly!" I glare at him for interrupting me just so he could get on my nerves and make me angry again.

"Well, ex-cuuse me for listing to the guy that told me to go to these Never Changers in the first place! I thought he was smart, but it turns out he's actually an idiot! Now, would you let me talk so I can say what's actually important before the bell rings this time!" After those words tumble  from my lips, Andy just stands there to shocked for words at my outburst. Hah! Serves him right!

"Daanng! Sorry, sorry please continue,"

"Thank you!" I tell Andy what happened after and at first he was nodding along confirming that what happened was normal, but after I described the pain of receiving my new abilities, his eyebrows rise confused.

"Okay, so from what you have told me I can say that; One, the navigation ability is completely normal. All of us get that ability in order to help us with our missions, and to make sure our missions don't get blocked by the weather. Two, the night vision, or Sun-Night as we call it, is also normal although you should t have received it yet. Typically, it manifest only after the Merging, a ceremony that completely titles you as part of The Unwanted once you completely finish your training. The fact that you got it now does raise some red lights,"

"Well, isn't that just greeat," I say while rolling my eyes.

"Easy there. I said it's normal first didn't I?"

"Oh and that just makes it soo much more assuring," I roll my eyes, which obviously causes Andy to roll his eyes in return. "Now who's interrupting, huh? Anyway, the one thing that really concerns me is the pain that you felt in your eyes, and the fact that you got a migraine. As far as I know none of our members experience this pain when they gained these powers," Andy chews his bottom lip thoughtfully, then all of a sudden he says,"I guess there's no other choice is there?" he says then sighs.

"Choice? What do you mean?" I ask him.

"Caterpillar, you're gonna have to pay a visit to our base earlier then expected," I raise my eyebrows in surprise. "Wait, you mean now?" "No doofus, I meant after school!" He rolls his eyes and I blush at my stupidity. "Oh ok. But, it'll have to be after I talk to Ed," I then hold out my hand, palm up. "Pass me your phone," I tell him and I can see that smile starting to form on his lips. "Oh, don't get any ideas. I'm just gonna give you my number, so we can text each other when to meet. There's no way I'm letting you near my house, Wickleberry!" Andy starts laughing, while he passes me his phone and holding his hands up in mock surrender. I roll my eyes. Argh, I've never met anyone so annoying!

...

"Hey Ed, can we talk?" I say this while knocking on my brother's bedroom door, since I'm the civilized one. I open the door and walk in to my brother's room. My brother's room has blue walls with posters of all his favourite video game characters on it. Many of his favourite characters are also mine, since we usually play video games together. He has a bookshelf full of comic books and a wooden desk he uses to study. Speaking of studying, my brother's school books are stacked on his desk yet they appear to be untouched. The reason for this is because Ed sits on his wooden bed with his checkered black and white bedsheets playing, wait for it, video games! Big surprise!
I decide to skip lecturing him on his studies and go straight to what I came to his room to talk about.

"Hey Cas! What's up?" My brother puts his video game down and looks up. I walk over and sit on the edge of his bed. "Hey Ed. I'm sorry for hitting you yesterday. Oh, and good job little bro. Turns out you were right about my kick," My brother holds his hand against his heart and pretends to be surprised, " Did Cas just apologize to me?! I must be dreaming!" I roll my eyes then grab my brother and ruffle his hair. "Hey! You ruined my hair!" My brother tries to fix the mess that is his hair, while pretending to be hurt. We look at each other then burst out laughing.

"Phew. It's been a while since I laughed like that."

"Hey Cas, I know the truth now,"

"You mean?" My brother looks at me then nods his head. "Our parents told me everything when I came home today. Since I got home from school before you I was able to hear our parents talking about what happened yesterday. I followed their voices to the kitchen where I found your beautiful mess," Ed looks at me and raises an eyebrow. "Ya, haha turns out that my strong emotions trigger my out of control powers and I was feeling pretty angry yesterday," Ed sighs. "Anyway, when our parents saw me they immediately told me everything I needed to know and what was happening with you. Sigh. At least I have two more years before my powers appear," I pull Ed towards me and give him a hug. "You know, once you get past the 'scary new powers' part, being a biblood is not that bad. It's like being a character from a video game!" Ed smiles and hugs me back.

"Sigh. Escaping reality by pretending it's a video game. That's just like you Cas," I hug my brother harder, making it harder for him to breathe. "Ow, ow, ow! Ok, ok I surrender!" Ed says and I loosen my arms then we both start laughing again. It's times like these where I really love my brother. It's good to laugh after a ton of stress has been dropped on you.