Chapter 29 ~ Violet

I've updated twice this week, chapters 28 and 29!

I stare at my bowl of Frosted Flakes, turning the spoon around but refusing to take a bite as I have no appetite. Giving up on eating, I push the bowl away from me as I rest my hands on the table, tapping on it nervously. It's been two days now since my best friend Cassy left for her mission and I can't help the anxiety eating at me as I wonder if she's okay.

I know it's strange since I've only known the girl for two days, but I miss her. Somehow, in those two days we were just able to click and she has become a huge part of my life. However, it's not just her that I've come to bond with as I feel a warm hand grab my left hand while another grabs my right and I look beside me on each side. I find Dilan who nods at me  with a sombre expression showing the anxiety in his eyes while Samuel grins yet the same emotion can be seen in his eyes too.

"Yo Vile! 'Morning!"

"'Morning Violet."

I shoot a glare at Samuel then smile kindly at Dilan since he doesn't feel like it's his life's duty to annoy me, like some people.

"'Morning!" I reply mostly in Dilan's direction and Samuel holds his right hand against his heart as he pretends that my words stung him.

"Ouch! Why do you have to be so cold Vile?" I roll my eyes as I shove him in the side causing him to almost topple over the wodden bench that we're currently sitting on.

"Mule, can you ever not be annoying?" Samuel pretends to be deep in thought before a corner of his lip pulls up and he smirks.

"Well I could, but that would just be boring!"

Before I can reply, Dilan moves so that he sits in between both of us, the seat that Cassy usually fills and that's when I remember our last breakfast together. It never occurred to me that I would rely on her to stop our arguments, but then I remember that it wasn't just her. She formed a team with Dilan and both of them would work together to calm us down. Even though Cassy is gone, Dilan is still here and he may appear to be shy at first he can be pretty outgoing once he gets comfortable around you. We all saw this first hand when he roasted Samuel the other day and even Samuel himself was so shocked that he couldn't think of a comeback.

Right now is another one of those times as he shoots us both a deadly glare and I swallow back the comeback I was about to give Samuel.

"Would it be possible for you guys to at least pretend to like each other until Cas gets back? It's pretty hard to babysit you guys alone." At this last sentence, the corner of his lip turns up to show a smirk playing across his features.

"Are you calling us kids?" I ask him teasingly and in response he crosses his arms against his chest with a glare still evident in his eyes.

"No, I'm saying you have the brains of kids."

"Who are you and what have you done with my best bud Dil? I mean not that I mind and all." That's when Dilan turns around to share his glare with Samuel, but it seems to have no affect on him.

"What? Are you having identity issues?" Dilan and I both sigh in response to his remark while Dilan rubs his right hand across his face in irritation.

"Samuel, shut up."

"It's okay Dil! I won't tell anyone, I swear!" Samuel pats Dilan on his shoulder with a grin still plastered on his face despite the glare that Dilan keeps sending his way. I can't help the smile that is tugging on the edge of my lips as I watch them bicker as I can tell that Dilan isn't actually annoyed. There is a hint of a smile on his lips and in his eyes showing the bond that has formed between these boys, even if one of them spends every second he can to annoy us.