Chapter 5

"I'm home!" I yell as I walk through the front door and into the entrance of my home. I go to shoe rack to place my favourite pair of black, high top Converse shoes on it. On the white walls sits a circular mirror, where I go to check my reflection and find the usual me standing there, with my 5'7 glory, green eyes, normal nose, pink lips and long, light, wavy brown hair and pale skin staining back at me.

I sigh at my pale skin. Well, what did I expect? I'm a half blood after all. Though I wonder, will I end up growing fangs after a little while, when I start using my power normally?

"Welcome back Cassandra! How was school?" My mom asks from the dining table in the kitchen. I walk in to find her and my dad sitting down, while drinking some coffee that I help myself to as I join them at the table.

"Well, you know the same old routine. Oh, but Katie and I have English together, so that's a plus!" I reply casually, trying to pretend that nothing is wrong until I can find the right timing to bring up The Unwanted.

"So nothing went wrong?" My dad asks me, and although he says it casually, I can see the great amount of worry in his eyes that I never noticed before. It's like he's expecting that something has happened to me today, like I met with The Unwanted, and it's got him on edge.

"Dave," My mom says in a warning tone and I can see her shoot him a secret look that I would have probably missed before. Man, I can't believe how oblivious I've been this entire time!

Huh. So, I guess this is another reason to believe Andy. Well, unless I'm dreaming and none of this is real, but sadly I already had Katie pinch me on our way home and it turns out that I'm awake. Alright, I guess it's time to bring in The Unwanted and find out the truth.

"Mom, dad, actually something did happen today," I begin slowly.

"What happened, honey?" My mom asks casually, but her and my dad are turning pale.

"Well, there was a new kid that transferred in and his name is Andrew Windrickson, but we call him Andy," As I start talking, I keep looking at their faces hoping that they will tell me everything themselves.

However, all I get is their faces turning paler and paler by the second but they still try to act like nothing is going on. "Is he nice?" My mom asks.

Oh, come on! Really?! They couldn't be more obvious right now! As I look at my parents, who continue to pretend that they don't know anything,or, as Andy called them, The Never Changers, I start boiling with rage and as hard as I try to control it, I just can't take it anymore! It's been a long day, with Andy throwing me a bomb, but at least he was honest and straightforward about it!

"Oh, that's enough!" I yell as I slam my hands on the table, shooting out of my chair and knocking it backwards. As this happens, I send the table with our coffees flying and a hard wind knows everything in the kitchen down, breaking several dishes.

As this happens, my parents are staring in fear, but not of me. They knew this would happen sooner or later and now they are afraid that they couldn't keep me off this path.

"Could you cut it out with the act?! Andy already told me everything! The least you could do is have the decency to tell me yourselves!" At this moment, I'm trembling with anger and my voice has risen so high, it scares me. I've never yelled at my parents before and I was planning to stay calm while I had this conversation, so why?

My father places his head within his hands, then rubs his face ashamed. "You're right, Cassy. We should have told you not just now, but we should have raised with it as well."

"We're so sorry, honey!" My mother's face is swelling with tears that keep coming one after another.

I know I should forgive them. I know that, but at the moment I'm just so filled with anger at them for keeping this secret for so long!

"The Edgarin family has been a part of The Unwanted for decades. In fact, we were one of the four founding families that began it all, back when there were full bloods," My father starts. " However, as the years went by, marriages stopped being solely two full bloods and expanded to full bloods and non bloods, which gave birth to the bi bloods, like you and Edward,"

"These bi bloods were not the normal werewolves, vampires and the like, either. These bi bloods also contained elemental magic and supernatural abilities, just like what you just did, Cassandra," My mother continues.
" They also have the same skin colour, super speed and strength, as well as better vision and night vision as their bipairing ,"

"Well, that explains everything that's been going on today, there's just one more thing I need to know," I tell them.

"What's that?" My dad asks me.

"What's the bipairing?" I ask them. "Andy told me that you guys would have to prepare me for it,"

"The bipairing takes place a week after your sixteenth birthday, a week from today, and it is a ceremony to formally have you joined in The Unwanted. It also is used to determine the skills of the newly joined, what type of elemental magic they have and what supernatural abilities they have as well," My father explains to me, he looks at me to make sure I follow.

"It also determines which half blood you are, though the group stationed here is one for vampire half bloods, as well as your mentor,"

Huh. So there are different groups in the world, go figure!

"Honey, everything that has happened to you today is a result of your powers being unleashed. Since you can't control your powers yet, your emotions are causing them to be out of control. Usually you would develop them over time and be able to control them, but..." My mother pauses, and she doesn't have to say the rest. She means that if they weren't The Never Changers that's what would have happened.

*Sigh* I rub my forehead to try and suppress the migraine that has occurred without the help of Katie. This is just way too much. I think I should go on a walk to clear my head and then talk to Ed tomorrow.

"Are you guys going to tell Ed?" I ask them.

"He'll be coming with us for your bipairing and that's the easiest way for him to learn everything," My dad explains and it does make sense.

"I'm sorry mom and dad, but I need to go in a walk and clear my head if that's alright?"

"Sure honey, take as much time as you need. This is all our fault after all." My mom nods, always the understanding one.

Before I leave, I get out of my chair and help my parents clean up all the broken glass and wood on the floor. I then start to make my way to the front entrance to put on my shoes when my parents call me back.

"Cassandra!" My dad calls.

"Yeah?" I answer.

"We love you!" They tell me in unison.

Okay, I have to apologize now no question.

"I'm sorry mom and dad for getting angry. I know you had your reasons and I love you too!"

They smile. Okay I think that's enough emotion for one day. I better hurry up and go on that walk, or who knows what power will unleash itself next?! I run over to the shoe rack, put on my high tops and go out the front door, hoping this walk will allow me to clear my head and emotions.