Chapter 19

I've posted two chapters this weekend! Make sure to read both chapter 18 and 19! :)

"Cassidy!"

Who is that?

"Cassidy, can you hear us? It's me Sky!"

That voice sounds so familiar, but so far away.

"Cassidy it's Flare and if you do not get up right now, I swear I will burn all your hair off! Get. Up!"

"Flare! You are letting your emotions drive you. That will not be of any assistance to us."

"Oh, shut up nerd boy!"

Flare?

"Hey Casinator, are you in there?"

"Rash, any luck with Andy?"

"No. I tried Sky, but he won't respond."

Why do I feel like I'm floating? It feels like I'm under water and all I can hear are muffled voices.

You must wake up my dear.

The mysterious voice filters through my mind and all of a sudden I feel myself rising to the surface of the water.

"Flare wait! Don't set them on fire!"

I jump up awake, just in time to avoid Flare's fireball. Andy on the other hand wasn't so lucky.

"Woah!" Her fireball whizzes past me and hits the ground where I was lying just a second before.

"Ow! Ow Owowowowow!" Andy jumps up and down his clothes set ablaze.

"That's how you do it!" Flare takes in her work with a satisfactory smile on her face.

"Flare it's good you woke them up and all, but if Andy stays ablaze any longer he'll probably fall back unconscious."

Sky points over at Andy who has started wobbling his eyes going out of focus.

"Oh crap!" Flare retracts her fire and I run over to catch Andy just in time before he hits the ground.

"What the heck Flare!" Andy glares at her and Flare just shrugs.

"Well the good thing is that you guys finally woke up!" Rash exclaims and Trace nods, agreeing.

"Indeed. The two of you were giving off the impression that you would not be waking from your slumber for a while."

"Well we're awake now. Though next time you try to wake me up, I'd rather you didn't try to toast me."

I look at Flare and she gives another shrug. "I had no choice!"

"Right. Anyway, I know we should talk about what happened, but I think it would be best if Andy and I got some rest."

Andy's chin has fallen against his chest, letting me know that he has fallen asleep leaning against me. Well he's gonna be a pain to carry.

"Besides I'd better call my parents, since I'm guessing they've headed home by now?"

I direct my question at Trace, who nods his head in assent.

Turning around, I start to head back to the cottages before I remember my vision and turn around.

"Oh, I just remembered! Something crazy happened last night, so that's another thing we'll need to talk about tomorrow!"

The four of them look at me questioningly, but I start walking again before they can ask me anything.