Chapter 26

Double chapter update :)

"Flare, I'm serious."

"No way Andy, I've already forbidden it!"

Andy sighs as he looks down at the floor to gather his thoughts before he continues. "Look Flare I'm not saying this randomly. I want to take her with me."

Flare crosses her arms impatiently as she glares at Andy, but he meets her glare head on without flinching. "I've got that part, but tell me why." Her words are daggers as she insists on keeping me here to protect me.

"Well the first one is pretty obvious. Her visions. She may have another one that can give more detail about the mission because from where we stand we've got basically nothing to work with."

Flare bites her lip in thought as this first reason  does make sense, but a thought hits her. "What if she gets this vision at a time that will put her in danger?"

"Well first of all the territory is safe except for the beasts and I doubt she'll get a vision about what the beasts are after she has seen them. And second of all, hello?" Andy points at himself exaggeratedly as if to say 'I'm here'.

Flare rolls her eyes at this, annoyed. "Yes, yes I know you can protect her, but you're not Batman or Superman! You have limits! She needs to protect herself out there!"

At this part I cut in a little bit hurt. "Flare, do you really doubt my skills that much?" The hurt must have seeped into my voice as Flare turns to me with a soft expression as she shakes her head.

"Of course not, Cassidy! It's just that you've only just started your training and you don't have any experience!"

"Which is exactly why she should be able to go with him." Trace interjects and Flare rounds on him in shock while Andy and I mouth a 'thank you' to which he shrugs indifferently at.

"You agree with this!"

"Flare, I'm gonna have to go on my first mission sooner or later and isn't it best that the first one I go on is one with the most capable biblood?" As soon as the words have left my mouth I can see the smirk playing on Andy's lips in my peripheral vision and I dig my elbow into his side before he can say anything causing him to gasp in air in pain.

"Yes, but -"

"Flary, let her go. She'll be fine and from the looks of things they're not going to drop this!" Sky interjects with a smile on her face as she rests her chin against her palm.

"There's no stopping the Casinator!"

"Indeed."

Rash and Trace both agree causing Flare to slump her shoulders then sigh in defeat. "Alright, alright you can go Cassidy."

"Thanks Flare!" I rush over to her and envelop her in a hug.

"But! You have to promise me that you'll be safe!"

"I will! I promise!" I hug her again as she rolls her eyes and I watch as Andy sends in a reply with our names as the participants of the mission.

"There. No going back now!" This causes Flare to grimace, but she smiles at us.

"Honestly. You guys are impossible!" She shakes her head at us as Andy and I reply with huge grins.

To be honest I know it's my first mission and all, but I'm not nervous! I'm actually brimming with excitement at the thought of my first mission as I can't stop the danger that comes my way, but that doesn't mean I'm going to run away from it either!