Chapter 8 ~ Andy

I get into my car after school, throwing my backpack in the back seat and starting the ignition. My car is a standard black Toyota, a hand-me-down from my father. He told me that it was the first car he drove when he was my age and he took care of it, hoping that he would have a son to give it to, which turned out to be me. It may be old, but every time I drive it I can feel how much my dad cared for it, so I don't mind how old it is, it's the best car I could ever own.

Growing up I was the only child in my family, which made it easier for my parents to train me as a biblood. The training was never strict, but it was tiring, not to mention scary, to learn about and start to use my new powers. That's why I can only imagine what Cas is going through because not only does she have these new powers, but she also has a little brother that she needs to care for. Still, she didn't let any of this bring her down, in fact, if anything, she's become stronger. I chuckle to myself when I recall how she stared me down and challenged me today.

Lately, she has started opening up to me and it makes me happy. I know that her personality will fit right in with The Unwanted, which is good because they are like a family to me and we all got along with one another.

Speaking of family, I'm on my way  to the Compound to tell everyone that I'm bringing in a biblood to them earlier than usual. Usually, a biblood does not enter the Compound until after the bipairing, but usually the biblood's powers don't cause them pain, nor do they have Sun-Night at this stage. I needed more brains to help me figure out what to do, which meant they had to see it in action. I know just the right people that can help.

Just ahead of me the Compound comes into view and I slow down, driving through The Barrier. The Barrier is similar to a magic circle as it keeps out their enemies, but it also shocks anyone deemed to be a threat. Which is why I've started making it a habit to slow down when I reach it, after what happened to Rash when he thought it would be a good idea to fly in like a rocket. Let's just say, even the Junkyard wouldn't take his car, and we're talking about a place that takes in any wreckage.

I turn right and that's when the Compound comes into view. The Compound is located in the, wait for it, woods! Yeah, I know, it's just like all those supernatural movies and TV shows. But, the difference is that our Compound is more like a city. Instead of having tents for everything, we have wooden buildings instead. One as a caf, another as a board room where we all come together to make decisions, a training building, an office for the Oath Bound - I'll explain what that is later-, a washroom and so on.

The Compound has hot water, electricity and internet given to us by the government, but one of the Oath Bound, Travis, found a way to hack into the signal with his Airwave ability. This way, we can keep the connection regardless of wether or not the government supports us.

The only building we don't have is a dormitory, instead everyone has they're own small cottage house. I know what you're thinking, we went through all the trouble of constructing those other buildings, so why not add a dormitory as well?

Well, it's because there's about five hundred thousand of us here. So, not only will there be not enough room for a building to fit that many people, but we spend every waking moment together. I'm pretty sure that no matter who they are, everyone needs some alone time. This way everyone gets some breathing room, thus decreasing the amount of brawls that occur outside of training.

I pull up to the parking lot we created and park my car, grabbing my backpack out the back seat. On my way to the office, I stop by my cottage to drop off my bag and change into a black tea shirt and jeans. It's the uniform of The Unwanted as it helps us stay hidden in missions, but I'm pretty sure the government uses it to keep us from standing out. Wouldn't want people to find out how good we are and make friends with us to cause a power struggle now would we?