Chapter 32

"Hey Cas, I have an idea." Andy whispers into my ear. We are still standing back to back, but the enemy still has yet to make a move towards us.

"What is it?" I whisper back to him as my heart thumps erratically in my chest.

In answer he points to the forest fire that is still burning in front of us. Its stench making my eyes water and I keep coughing as I hold my shirt against my mouth.

"Try to put out the fire using the water from the river we were in not long ago. It should be enough to get us on equal footing and get the ball rolling."

"Are you sure? I haven't practiced enough, so it may take time. That is if it even works." He turns his head to face me for a quick second and I can see the determination in his eyes.

"It will work. I know it will because I know you. You'll make it work, you always do. Besides, I'll protect you always, no matter how long it'll take." My heart beat speeds up even faster as the blood rushes to my face, turning it red. I cannot believe how far he is willing to go for me and the realization of how that sentence means so much more underneath the surface has an unknown feeling coursing through my veins.

Taking a deep breath I nod my head and straighten my shouldesr as I gaze at him with a determination of my own. "Okay, I'll do it."

A light smile appears on his face as he grabs my hand to give it a squeeze one last time before turning back around. He draws out two daggers from each of his arms and faces the enemy with his legs spread apart, the daggers held out like fists. As if they were waiting for this, the golems and animals immediately begin rushing Andy. Before I start drawing the river water over, I quickly move the ground to form three walls behind, on the right and left of us then leave the front open like a passage. With this, he will not be overwhelmed by fighting to many at once, as they will have to come in small groups.

Thank you. Andy gratefully thanks me with his thoughts and I smile, proud to have been able to help since I'm going to be immobile for a while. Your welcome, Wickleberry. Turning my attention back to summoning the water, I tune out everything around me and trust that Andy will be able to handle it. Wait, I trust him? The more I think about it, the more I realize that I do. I do not know when it happened, but he earned my trust.

All my energy is put on the sounds of the forest around me, just like how Sky showed me when she was teaching me how to heal. Every fibre of my being is filled with the hot burning fire, the burned ground and trees and the ever present wind filling the air. Shifting my senses farther out, I am then able to sense the perfect grass ruflling against the breeze, upright trees, the sun shining, birds flying, until finally I make it to the river. To the coldness of the water as it flows downstream, the small waves, and the little fish swimming under the surface.

As I do this, a phrase suddenly pushes itself against the tranquility of my thoughts.

Infiltrea Unda Wasser.

An unknown feeling makes its way through me and all of a sudden I recognize the words as it they were natural to say. Opening my mouth, I murmur the words under my breath and I can instantly feel them working. A connection to the river water forms within me and I can feel the water start making its way over to our position. I can feel a smile make its way on my face.

Andy, it worked! There is a slight pause and I look over behind me to see Andy having trouble with a small pack of wolves, so I activate my wind powers. Without having to tell him Andy activates his lightning. I make a wind tornado and he fuses it will his lightning, then we send it at the wolves. They go flying taking out some rabbits behind them.

He turns to me with a grin in his face that I cannot help but mirror as we high five, ecstatic at having blown a whole in their numbers. That is when the water reaches us and we both turn to it to take in my works. A wave of water crashes into the fire and immediately puts it out. I pull my shirt down and way from my face, taking in gulps of air and happy to be able to breathe again. Now that the fire has gone out, it is much easier to see our surroundings. Now the fight has become equal and we turn to the threat in front of us, full of vigour. Ready to fight.