Chapter 1

Note:
f/b= your favourite book

Enjoy!!
—————

You sat under a tree a few blocks from your hotel, reading your f/b. You had only been in London a few days, but you liked it there. You were never really a city person, you didn't like the noise or the smoke filled air. But you had always wanted to go to London, there were so many tourist attractions and besides, the accents here were pretty cute.

You set down your book, taking a glance around you for the first time you had sat down. It was nice to be outside, being stuck inside was bad enough, never mind in a busy hotel with thousands of other people around you separated merely by a wall. You took a deep breath of the thick, city-smelling air, and coughed slightly. It definitely was a lot different than back at home.

A little ways away, a building caught your eye. You tilted your head ever so slightly at seeing it, drawing your eyebrows together. You weren't sure why you were drawn to it... people seemed to be filing in and out of it, like bees in a beehive. They were all dressed in formal suits, walking quickly and orderly without stalling for one minute. It could just be some sort of business, of course. Office job, maybe... don't people usually dress in suits for that...? But... wouldn't they usually be sitting at their desks, if that was the case-? It's nowhere near lunchtime either, and you can't imagine any other job that would require its workers to dress so formally... of course, you've never really worked in an office before, but.... you assumed you were right, anyways.
So, naturally, you stood up and headed off towards the building to check it out.

Once you got there, you walked in the door. Immediately you noticed everyone staring at you strangely. Yeah, sure, your casual clothes didn't exactly fit in, but... the way they were looking at you was like they hadn't seen anything except formal suits in years. ...

"Hey, what is this place? What do you do here?" You asked politely to one of the guys staring at you. Their eyes were cold and dark, you immediately noticed that everyone else was pretty much the same. ..... what the hell kind of business was this?? Yeah, working in an office would be crappy, but certainly not that bad...

The man just shook his head and walked away, everyone else resumed what they were doing as well, although you could still feel their eyes on you. Okay.... weird. .... and slightly rude. ...
Oh well.

Just as you were about to give up and head out, you heard a voice from behind you.
"Not from around here, are you~?" You noted the slight Irish accent in the man's voice as you turned to face him. He, also, was in a suit. Surprise surprise. But his eyes somehow looked even more dead than anyone else in the building, although his mouth was curved into a warm, friendly smile. So, you smiled in return.

"No, I'm... lost. Where am I—?" You ask, trying a different approach, since obviously the last one didn't work too well. The man observed you for a fraction of a second, causing you to shift uncomfortably in response. Then, he simply just smiled, offering you his arm.
"I'm sorry to hear that, my dear~ come in. We'll discuss it over tea." He hums, and you instinctively take his arm as he begins leading you off into the building.
'Finally,' you thought, 'a gentleman.'
Although part of you did not trust this man, due to the cold, dead look that remained in his eyes.

.... Thinking more about it, you decided not to trust him.

At all.

—————
End note:
Yes, I know how unrealistic it is that Moriarty has some random building in the middle of London where he works, where the police could 10000% track him and arrest him, blah blah. Don't worry, It'll make a lot more sense later ;)