Chapter 5

Soon enough, after reassuring Jim you wouldn't leave the building, you walk around to get a better gist of the place. Men in suits. Everywhere. Girls in the building were rare, however there were some there. They were in dress suits, and stared at you snarkily when you passed. Lowering your head, you continued on down the hall to the direction of your room. Until you. Accidentally ran... straight into someone.
...
Toppling over backwards onto the floor from the surprisingly hard blow, you scramble to get it together and see who you ran into.

"Oh— William???" You ask, as the man kneels down by you to help you up, seemingly completely unfazed by the bump. .... wow. ... strong. ..

"My apologies, y/n. Won't happen again." He replies quickly, giving you his hand and escorting you back to a standing position. You smile at the charming man and brush yourself off.

"Don't worry about it, it was my bad. Where are you off to?"  You ask politely. Just as he was about to reply, he freezes up and takes a slight step back.

"Yes, where are you off to, Willy boy~?" Jim's voice coos from behind you. You turn around to face him, only to see his eyes dark, glaring at William warningly. Wait. No. This definitely wasn't jealousy. You just met Jim. .... right? No. .... no. It wasn't. Couldn't be. Jim doesn't seem like that kind of person. Adjusting the tie around his collar, William takes another step back.

".... Sorry sir. Just dropped off the rest of y/n's belongings, and was heading off to-"

"Then get. To it. NOW." Jim snaps in a sudden outburst. William quickly nods and resumes heading to his destination. You stared at Jim with large eyes, startled by his random explosion. Jim's cold eyes meet yours and he grabs you by the arm with a grip stronger than needed, leading you back to your room.

"Now, I think you've caused enough damage for today. Please do not disturb my workers any more, they have very tight schedules~. Off to bed you go." Jim states firmly as he stops outside your door, finally releasing his death grip on you. You just nod in response, taken aback by his unstable temperament.

"... See you tomorrow." You mumble under your breath, retreating to your temporary abode, closing the door behind you.

As Jim watches the door close, he smiles darkly. Knowing full well you had a lot. To think about tonight.