Chapter 110

You woke up in the morning, feeling exhausted from your on and off restless sleep. Jim was already up and about, you found a cup of tea on the nightstand, waiting for you. You smiled softly at seeing it... jim was trying to help everyone. You knew he was glad how the situation turned out however- in a way, you were too.. you just felt bad that it had to be this way. Harvey could be so sweet at times. .... but he was just too far gone. .... you would not let Alex turn out the same way.

You picked up the tea, leaving the unfamiliar room and going to find jim. You assumed it was his room... which was nice, you were just surprised how... new it seemed. He must not use it much..

You found jim sitting in his office chair on his phone, evidently busying himself with something. You approached to find out he was texting William.

"... what's he saying-?" You asked, sitting on jims desk as you sipped your tea. Jim glanced up at you and shrugged.

"... he's doing alright. Just a little overwhelmed. Hes out with Alex right now, they're talking about what happened. Probably good for them both."

"Yeah.... it must be really hard for them right now. I hope it all works out.." you replied, looking down at Jim's desk, thinking. Jim stood, setting his phone down on his desk before standing in front of you, observing your expression.

"... and how are you doing with all this, my dear?" Jim asked, he seemed to be still trying to be more or less empathetic. ... which you liked, but at the same time, you wanted him to be happy. You wanted at least one of you to feel good.. maybe the optimism could help you all.

"I'm fine, James, don't worry about me." You smiled. Jim nodded, seemingly still trying to read you.

".. my dear, I wanted to thank you for everything. You've been a great help, this would have ended a lot differently hadn't you been here.." Jim replied, and you smiled again softly, nodding.

"... i love you so much, James." You said, leaning forward and lightly pressing a kiss to the tip of his nose. He chuckled, shaking his head.

"... you too, y/n~."

And there it was. That cheery, calm jim that you missed. A reminder that soon, everything would be okay. Everything would get so, so much better.

Harvey's POV:

Harvey had convinced the men that jim sent to clean up Harvey's body not to tell jim. Harvey was alive, and doing well. Jim and Harvey really were tied at wits- in an endless loop of trying to kill each other, but never able to. Harvey, of course, predicted he was going to die. That day he managed to sneak a needle into alex's arm to collect his blood had definitely been the easiest way out of the loop. Faking his death, but secretly healing himself was the best decision he had ever made.

Harvey didn't plan on going back. Not yet, anyways. As fun as the game with jim was, Harvey had heard from an unknown source that his wife was still alive. So, for the time being, everyone was safe.

~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE:

This is the end of the story, guys. It's been a long, bumpy ride, but we did it. 110 chapters is pretty good for a first story, I must say :). Seems like a strange conclusion, I know haha! That's because I'm planning on making a sequel to this story, but I'm not sure if I should or not. Harvey won't be in it as much but he will. Let me know any thoughts or requests you have. 💜 Love you all so much, thank you all for your endless support and love for this story. My next story should be coming out ASAP, I haven't written it yet but I'll post a concluding chapter on here when it's up. Hope you enjoyed! Take care 💕