Chapter 31

Alex broke down in tears, you watched the small boy cry helplessly. The pain searing through your shoulder from the shot wound was absolutely unbearable— you could hardly process the pain, it was too much to wrap your mind around. Next thing you know you hear a door get kicked open from behind you, jim and William come to a stop in front of you. William picks alex up in his arms and holds him, you couldn't help but wonder if the two knew each other, or if William just had a really soft spot for kids....

.. then you realize, jim looks absolutely pissed at you. You blinked a few times, confused as Jim untied you from the chair, but left your hands bound behind your back.

"Jim I don't—-" next thing you know, jim covers your mouth with his hand.

"Not. One. Word." Jim warned, his dark eyes glaring into yours, as you gazed back at him, confused. You overheard Alex and William talking about something... you thought Alex said something about him finding you after you escaped, then shot you...... what?? No way anyone would believe that. Alex was 10. He was the tiniest, purest little kid you'd ever seen. ... besides. That's not what happened at all. You didn't escape. Alex didn't shoot you, he didn't even have a gun. ....... then again.... what was it that man said.....? Oh.... 'mention any of this to Jim, and your new friend acquires a bullet in his head'... oh. And then. He must've. Somehow told Alex to completely twist the story into this.... leaving that evil man out of it. .... making you look like the bad guy, for trying to escape jim. .... of course, this just HAD to happen on the one day you finally got to leave the building. ... ugh.

..... lord your shoulder hurt. ... jim was way too pissed to even begin to help you, you were pretty sure he'd rather you bleed out and die than help you at this point. And William was too busy calming Alex....

....... you had to keep in touch with Alex. You wanted to tell jim the true story, but you didn't want to risk anything until you could ensure Alex's safety. .... dangerous or not, Alex had his whole life ahead of him. There was no way you'd let it end here when he still has potential to change, and be good. ...

..

No way.

——————

Authors Note:

Hello everyone! Please let me know what you think so far, I know it's confusing, sorry!!! Alex has a lot to him that will hopefully be clarified later on in the story if you guys want me to, and this villainous guy who shall not yet be named for mystery reasons, will appear a lot as an external conflict against mainly you, jim, and William. If this is boring you guys though, please let me know! Gotta do what's right for the fans 🙌🏻🙌🏻 Or. You know. The people who read my works and don't call it trash. Lol. Anyways, I'll post more when I can. Love you all!!! :)