Chapter 93

William's POV:

William kept Alex close, unsure of what to think of the new Harvey. Alex didn't seem to mind, he seemed to trust his dad immediately even though he could must have noticed something had changed. Harvey lead them out of Jim's building, talking as they casually walked down the street. Two men in suits and a small boy.

"So I suppose, now that Jim's out of the picture you two are going to lend a lot more time together. It's nice, to be able to see you both again... I'm so sorry I left in the first place.."

"It's fine dad, really!!" Alex chirped happily from beside William, happily switching places to be in between William and Harvey. William tensed at seeing Alex so close to Harvey, the man whom he now knew had such a dangerous side....

"Harvey, you're a nice enough guy, but you're not always like that. Hell, you tried to blow us all up. And before that, you almost killed Alex. .... and just recently, you almost killed Alex, me, and y/n. How can we trust that you won't do that again...?" William asked, drawing his eyebrows together. Harvey looked down, sighing softly.

".... I can't promise I can keep it together all the time... but I do know the things that triggers my other side to come out, and right now the biggest one is jim. As long as he's out of the picture, I would never do anything to hurt either of you.. and Alex, you've inherited a split personality as well... do you know what kind of things trigger it in you, or are you still figuring it out?" Harvey asked, looking down at the kid. Alex shook his head, looking back up at his dad empathetically.

"No, still figuring it out... but don't worry dad, I'm sure we can figure it out together!!" Alex stated optimistically, while William rolled his eyes at his brothers ignorance. He was too... forgiving. Over everything. He didn't ever seem to take danger or potential threats seriously. Harvey smiled, reaching down and patting the boy on the head.

"Of course, Alex.... of course."

Jim's POV:

Jim pulled out his phone and paced the room, lost in thought. You had fallen asleep on his chair, (which for the record did NOT look comfortable) so jim stayed as quiet as possible. A plan... yes. Right. He needs a plan...

Jim knew you had gotten better at reading him, so he had to step it up for now. He didn't want you to worry about anything, you were already overwhelmed and had enough to process. In the meantime, he needed a plan. He already knew exactly where Harvey and his boys were, he put a tracking device in Williams phone, and another one on Alex. Harvey may be able to get it out of Williams phone but there's no way he'd be able to get it away from Alex. Jim strategically placed he device in the boy's hair. Simple enough, everyone is compelled to ruffle Alex's fluffy hair, so it was not out of place for jim to do, even though not particularly fond of the boy. Getting the device out of his hair would be slightly more difficult, and Alex, although not knowing the device was there in the first place, would be able to tell if someone was tugging a little harder than usual at his hair and make them stop.

So, jim has eyes on them. Perfect. As long as he knew where they were he could concoct a plan to stop Harvey before he could do anything too damaging. ..... including drawing too much closer to his sons, which he was likely already doing without them even knowing.