Chapter 41

Jim's POV:

Jim scrolled through his phone, eyes narrowed. Something was wrong.... the system was faulty. ......... whoever hacked it still had access. ... damnit. Jim had too many things to take care of. He texted one of his workers to come see him, while trying to track where the signal of the hacker was coming from. Finally, the man came in.

"Harvey, please keep an eye on the servers, get a few others to help you override the dumbass trying to take them over." He stated, before you walked into the room again, just needing to talk to jim once more, wanting to ask him how well he knew Alex... and then you met the new guy, talking to jim!! Yay! Maybe you could make more friends here!

"Oh hey jim— and- you—! I'm y/n!!" You greeted cheerily, offering the man your hand. He was cold at first, just like William was. But, maybe in time he'd loosen up.

".... Harvey." The man stated, looking at jim with a 'what the hell why is she talking to me ew get her away' expression. In which, jim just smiles calmly at Harvey in response. Harvey was older than William, by maybe ten years or so. Maybe in his 30s. Lookin pretty damn good though, jeez, this man was like. George Clooney, gettin better with age~ You grin at the man happily.

"So what kind of things do you do here, Harvey? Do you happen to know William? He works here too." You chirped happily. Hah. This man seemed to really hate socializing. A lot. So. You wanted to push it, ahah. He seemed like he would be fun to annoy. The man sighed, shaking his head.

"Sort of, i guess. I think we've ran into each other a couple times. Look, I have to get to work, my apologies." The man stated, before turning and simply leaving the room. You crossed your arms and scrunched your nose in fake offence to the man's coldness towards you.

"... ouch." You smiled, before turning to jim.

"Oh yeah!! How's the hacker thing going??" You ask, going and sitting on Jim's desk happily, looking down at him with a smile. Jim looks up at you, seeming slightly unimpressed by your energy burst, but tolerates it.

"It's fine, nothing for you to worry about~. Besides, Harvey's taking care of it now, so it's off my shoulders. If they fail, I'll get someone else to do it. They're expendable~." Jim hums, you immediately draw your eyebrows together.

"Hey hey hey!! No! Don't hurt him. Harvey seems nice, I'm sure he can do it, just give him time!" You say, smiling down at him, kind of like. Desperately wanting Jim's attention. Even though he. Didn't seem to want to give it to you. ... :')

Jim just shrugged and smiled in response to your statement, before changing the subject.

"So, why are you in here again, my dear~?" Jim asked, leaning back in his chair to look up at you. You shrugged a bit, rubbing your sore shoulder slightly.

"Mmmm... just wanted to know how well you knew Alex?? And, well, Williams whole family....?" You ask with a smile, casually turning to lay on your stomach on Jim's desk, resting your chin on your hands so that you could face jim. Who, for the record, simply just smiled and shook his head at your immaturity.

"... want the inside scoop on them, eh? pretty much, Alex is Williams brother, as you know. Both boys have personality disorders; Alex split personality and William bipolar disorder. However, i managed to... train him to get it under control. Their mom died about a year ago, leaving William to take care of Alex on his own, including trying to get Alex's split personality under control, which has been causing a LOT more incidents lately. No one knows where their dad is, he left them years ago." Jim stated. You nod slowly.

"Okay... I know most of that already... but how about your side of things, jim? How do you come in? To their lives, i mean." You ask, tilting your head. Jim's smile faded a bit...

"... now that, my dear, is a discussion for another day.~"