Chapter 18

Slowly you stood up, your morals and standards completely blinded by the intensity of the dark grief flooding through your body. It coursed through every inch of your veins, filling all your muscles, all your bones, all your organs with this ominous hatred.

You felt your body slowly moving towards the door, as if it was floating on a storm cloud ready to burst open at any moment. You made your way down the hall to Jim's old office. You took a slow look around the room, your vision faded black around the edges. Your head buzzed, you made your way over to Jim's desk slowly. You saw the same apple on it that you had seen when you first were in Jim's office. ..... with the same knife sticking out of it.

You picked up the apple, slowly pulling the knife out and gripping it tightly. So tight you could vaguely see your knuckles had completely lost their colour. You stared at the shiny metal blade in your hand, shifting it ever so slightly to watch the gleam of light reflect off of it. Then you slowly headed towards the door, the hatred building up in you more, and more, and more, and more. You had no control over it. Nor did you want to control it. Your steps were silent as you ghosted across the room, approaching the doorframe. You saw a figure pass by, then another, then another. Jim. Jim, jim, jim. You saw jim everywhere. On everyone. They were all jim. One of the figures stopped in front of you, so you stopped as well. They spoke words, but you couldn't hear. Your vision was blurred with darkness, so overwhelming that you felt faint. Stone faced, you gripped the knife tighter in your hand.

Before you knew it, you thrust the blade forward, directly at the man's heart. However, to your surprise, he grabbed you firmly by the wrist in quick defence. After an intense struggle, he managed to get the knife away from you, and had a wet cloth over your mouth. Chloroform. Great.

Your already darkened vision began to blur more, and, despite your determined efforts to fight against the drug, you were already shutting down. Just before you weee knocked out, your mind snapped back to reality. .... oh my god. You just tried to kill someone.

..... and then it all went black.