Chapter 52

You awoke again in the morning, without remembering falling asleep in the first place. ... oh well. 

Of course, the first thing your eyes settled on was the knife in your nightstand drawer. You shivered and sat up, immediately kicking the drawer closed and hugging yourself for reassurance. You'd never need that. Ever. You would never hurt anyone again. Jim couldn't convince you, and this man couldn't convince you. Oh damnit.... your phone. You sighed, standing up, quietly going over to it, lifting it up. The screen was a bit cracked, but other than that, it was fine... and of course, on the screen was a text from the familiar 'unknown'.

'Good morning~ sleep well?'

You glared at it. ... you didn't want to reply. So, you simply just tucked it in your pocket, heading over to Jim's office to see how he was. And there he was, back to normal, having a morning tea and chat with Willy boy.

"Jim, I don't think it's safe for him here..."

"Safer here than home alone."

"But jim...."

"Oh hello y/n~ sleep well?" Jim cooed at seeing you walk into the room. ... you cringed at Jim's words,  in remembrance of the man's text. Then you just. Simply smiled.

"Good morning jim. Yes, I did actually. .... What are you guys talking about?" You ask. Jim looks at William and smiles.

"Just discussing Alex staying here for a bit, with William." Jim stated. William shook his head.

"Jim no.. I'm busy most of the day and—"

"I can take care of him-" you piped up with a smile. Jim smiled over at you.

"Now there's an idea~~ so it's settled. Alex is staying here with you and y/n." Jim stated, smiling back at William again. William simply just sighed, shaking his head.

"..... fine." He said, although he still seemed worried about something. You went over to him and patted his shoulder reassuringly. William was likely worried jim might hurt Alex in some way, or be a bad influence to Alex's 'other side'. But... you'd make sure that wouldn't happen. At all costs.

"Anyways." Jim started, clapping his hands together once cheerily, then standing up. "I was thought about it, and y/n, I want you to take a few days and spend some time with Harvey, that man you met a few days ago. He's really good in the area of self defence, I think it'll be good for you to learn a few things in case.. anything happens." Jim smiled, the vulnerable side of him yesterday completely vanished.

"William can take those days off to spend with Alex so he's not alone, so everyone's happy." Jim states. You blink, then immediately begin to protest.

"Wh- jim no, no, I really don't think that's a good idea, i don't want to hurt anyone—"

"It's not optional." Jim states, glaring at you. Almost as if he quoted you the other night, when you convinced him to let you take care of him... damnit. Welp. He was mad about that, after all. You sighed, then slowly nodded in compliance. Jim smiled once more, then continued.

"Good. And don't worry, you won't 'hurt' anyone. But when it comes to defending yourself, you need to at least have a basic skill in the area. Doesn't mean you have to go on a shooting spree." Jim hummed happily.

 ... but knowing what you were already capable of, you feared it would send you on a shooting spree...