Chapter 66

You grinned, happily taking Alex's hands and spinning around with him.

"Yayyyy!!! You're gonna meet your daaaaddd!!!" You quipped excitedly, Alex grinned as well as you did a playful celebratory dance. Willam just see,ed lost in thought however, completely zoned out.

"Well?? Let's go see him!" You state excitedly. Alex turns slightly pale, evidently nervous.

"Wait— now??"

"Don't worry, Alex. It'll all be fine. He's gonna love you." You smile reassuringly, patting the small boy on the head. He slowly nods in response, but evidently was still scared. You didn't blame him. He's never had a dad before. So, you offered him your hand. Upon taking it, you lead him out of the room and down the hall, William trailing loosely behind. You wanted them all to be so, so happy... whether jim liked it or not.

You brought them outside the room Harvey was first training you in, before checking inside. Sure enough, Harvey was in there, pacing, lost in thought. You knock softly on the door, before stepping in.

"Harvey... someone's here to see you." You smile, as Harvey glances over at you. Alex, seeming a bit shy suddenly, timidly peeks around the door. Harvey catches a glimpse, and you can practically see his heart stop at the sight of his son.

".... Alex.... you must be Alex... look how big you've gotten...." Harvey states, his voice barely audible, since he was evidently holding back a sudden flood of emotion. You nudge Alex forward slightly, and he swallows, seeming to want to shrink back again.

Harvey knelt down to his height, smiling warmly.

".... I can't believe it's you... finally I can see you...." He says hoarsely, and after a few seconds, Alex practically tacklehugs his dad. You smile, bringing your hands to your mouth as you watch the precious reunion. They seemed to click with each other almost immediately; Alex was laughing and rambling to him before you knew it. William, however, still hung back. Harvey caught on soon enough that William wasn't overly fond of seeing him. But he still smiled up at him, lifting Alex in his arms so he could hold him, and be at eye level with William.

".... William... .... I can't believe it. You've grown so much..." Harvey states, seeming so proud to see his boys so grown up. William seemed to be trying very very hard to not glare at him in return.

".... yup." He responded coldly. Harvey seemed pretty unfazed by it, likely thinking that he deserved it.

"you've both grown into such mature, handsome, clever young boys..." Harvey muses, his smile never fading. William's eyes darkened.

"No thanks to you..." he growled under his breath, and you nudged him lightly. He didn't need to be rude..... Harvey either didn't hear, or let the insult slide right past him, because he didn't react to it.

.... your phone buzzed.

'You're going to regret this, my dear~.'

You swallowed at seeing the text. ..... bring your worst, jim. Or... whoever was sending this. Either way, you would protect these boys to the end. You would do whatever it takes..

Seconds later, jim popped into the room.

"Sorry to break up your 'family playtime', but there's an emergency~" jim stated, and you looked back at him untrustingly.

"Why should we trust anything you say, jim." You snap, crossing your arms, looking at him hatefully. Jim glared at you a moment, before shooting a glance at William, who, for the record, was still too afraid of jim to talk back ahah.

"Because if you don't listen, we're all going to get blown up in an hour." Jim stated quickly, before looking back at you. ... you still didn't trust jim. .... but right now, you needed to do what you could to protect Alex, William, and Harvey. Which meant you needed to step up. Do whatever jim wanted you to do to get this over with...