Chapter 104

Jim's POV:

Coming face to face with jim, Harvey smiled darkly.

"... so we meet again~."

"We both know how this is going to end, Harvey." Jim stated, eyes dark. Jim knew Harvey was coming of course. He was prepared to talk to him... mostly. Harvey simply smiled.

"Oh, of course. You're going to die. And y/n is going to watch." Harvey said simply, hands in his pockets. The two men stared at each other in hateful silence for a few moments, before in unison they both reached for their guns. However, Harvey was the only one to draw it. Jim... didn't have one on him.

"Like that? Took it from you this morning. Well. I didn't, anyways. One of your workers were... very open to negotiating your betrayal.." Harvey hummed, and Jim's eyes darkened even more so.

"Typical jim. So alone. So afraid. What's it like to be you? To have the constant reminder you'll never be at the top? Always knowing someone out there is better than you are? Does it hurt, jim? Does it scare you that you can be beaten so easily?" Harvey gloated, jim stared at the floor silently.

"Oh come on now~ say something. Ten years of torture, and you finally see what I've become. Are you afraid, jimbo~? Are you actually affected by the fact you've turned me, and everyone else into monsters~?" Harvey laughed, circling ominously around jim, however never lowering his gun. Jim swallowed, clenching his fists but still not saying a word. Harvey stopped right in front of jim, leaning in right close to his face.

"Go on, then~ say it. Say that I've won. You know I have~" Harvey cooed threateningly, his dark smile not wavering. Jim tensed, but then you stepped in the room.

"Jim-? Harvey—!!" You immediately rushed in, only to have Harvey's gun pointed at you now, as he backed away out of Jim's reach so he couldn't attempt to tackle him. Jim gave him kudos- the man knew what he was doing.

"... go stand by jim, nice and pretty." He hummed calmly, jim nodded slightly at the seemingly extremely worried you. However, you complied with Harvey's commands and jim couldn't help but sigh in slight relief. At least you were... more or less safe now.

"Both so afraid... how does it feel. To be alone. Dragged away from the people you love. Knowing the one person you have left is going to die within seconds." Harvey stated, looking directly at you. Jim felt his fists clench tighter and his eyes darkened more.

"... Harvey you never loved her. You abused her. She begged me to kill her. I did her a favour." Jim growled, but a part of him knew it was still wrong... either way, Harvey was right. .... jim turned him into this. He tore Harvey away from his kids, and killed his wife... whether good intentions or not, it was still wrong. ... and jim could see that now that he was with you. You made him at least... a little more humane. .... a little. ... and now, Harvey was going to carry on his origin story through you. He's going to kill jim and force you to live through it... never letting you see Alex or William again. Never letting you make any more friends... never letting you be normal. As psychotic as it seemed.... jim has done the exact same thing. .... except. He genuinely thought it was for the best. Harvey was driven out of hatred and anger... which caused destruction all around.

.... and then Jim smiled.