Chapter 87

You walked into the room, immediately sensing something was wrong and going on high alert.

"Jim-? Harvey-?" You asked, looking at them both. Immediately the two men snapped to your attention and seemed to relax. Jim turned to you and smiled, shifting his weight.

"Oh hello love- can I help you?"

"Yes, James, you can. I come in here and everyone's frozen up like a murder is about to go down, then when you realize I'm here you both pretend everything's perfectly fine when Alex is losing his mind and William's risking his life to go after him. Tell me what's going on!" You snapped, crossing your arms. Jim looked over at Harvey silently, one eyebrow raised with a 'Yeah Harvey, tell her what's going on' expression.

Harvey was looking down, seeming a little sad, running a hand through his hair while pretending to contemplate what to say.

"..... y/n.... Alex wants to try to bring his mom back." Harvey stated in a quiet voice, immediately your eyes widened.

"Wait... but... hasn't she been dead for... at least a year now...?" You ask, Harvey silently nodded.

"Yes.... jim told him there was no chance, and Alex freaked out....." Harvey said in a quiet voice, as you watched him sympathetically.

".... hence you and jim were fighting.... ...... Harvey I'm so sorry...." you whispered, empathetic towards the man. You shot a glare at jim; it wasn't his business to tell Alex things like that. This is something for Harvey and William to take care of. It's likely a part of grief for Alex too, denial that his mom was really dead....

"Alright... anyways, I talked to William, he seems to be completely freaking out, he says Alex is really unstable right now. He suggested the best way to get past this is to just keep tabs on him and wait it out. I disagree, I want to go out there and try to calm Alex down myself." You said, knowing Alex just needed a friend. Jim smiled, you noted how he glanced over at Harvey for a moment there.

"I think that's a great idea, my dear~ I'll come with you." Jim quipped happily, seeming to genuinely think that you could help Alex. You however, shook your head.

"Jim, I don't think that's a good idea right now.. Alex is a very.. sensitive kid. And sometimes... well.. sometimes you're not very.... empathetic. .... maybe just... stay here with Harvey, Alright?" You said, looking between the two. They were both silent, and you hoped they'd be able to hash out their problems while you were gone. Harvey smiled lightly and nodded, stepping up behind jim, placing a hand on his shoulder. You noted that he squeezed it a little harder than needed. You didn't blame him, you'd be mad too if someone was messing with your family.

"Alright... take care, y/n... let me know if Alex is okay." Harvey says, not letting go of Jim's shoulder, and you nodded in response. Jim was silent, but you disregarded it.

"Of course. See you soon." You replied, hopping out of the room to go find and hopefully help Alex.