Chapter 50

AUTHORS NOTE:

GOSH DIDDLY DARN GUYS!! CHAPTER 50 ALREADY!!! Thanks to all of you who've read this and commented and motivated me to keep on writing this, it means the world!!! I see all your comments, but half the time I don't know how to respond! You're all so sweet and kind, I don't even know how to reply to all the support I'm getting!! Anyways, thank you so much!! Have a kind of 'softer' chapter to celebrate how far we've come since the beginning of the story! ;P

—————

Jim stared at you silently a few moments, while you shifted nervously, trying to keep your cool and try not to spazz about standing up to jim. You had NO idea what his reaction would be to that, and you were terrified to find out. After about a minute, jim finally sighed.

"... fine." He mumbled, and you could actually read his expression for once. He looked so genuinely tired of fighting people, he just wanted it to be over with. You nodded, internally freaking out at the fact that jiM WAS GOING TO LET YOU HELP HIM AAAAAAA!!! ... no. .. calm.

You knelt by him, carefully undoing his tie.

"... so, what happened....?" You asked, trying to make conversation while still internally spazzing about the fact you got to 1, help Jim, and 2, SEE HIM SHIRTLESS!! BOOYAH!!! Jim just shook his head, not wanting to talk or even think about it right now, but.... complying anyways.

"... just an asshole thinking he's got one up on me."

"....... and.... does he?"

"... I don't know yet." Jim replies, you looked up into his eyes to read his expression. He seemed distant, a little broken, and probably very pissed off at whoever was doing this. .... you began unbuttoning his shirt.

".... so.... you got shot in the shoulder too...? Heh... small world."

"... not all things aren't accidents." Jim states, looking down at you with a serious expression. Your face paled a little— jesus— jim must know that it was the same guy who shot you both... he must know that you and Alex and William were all forced to lie about your 'escaping' and being shot and everything that happened.. oh my god... Alex better not get shot in the head for this or you would be out for blood.

".... anyways. .... ah. .... so.... did they just... come here to threaten you...?"

"Pretty much."

"... alright...." you responded, trying to keep it together and not go into fangirl mode as you got to the last button, parting Jim's shirt slightly to be able to see the wound. Immediately you're snapped out of your fantasy world at the sight of blood. Oh Jesus... jim sighed, seeing the panic grow in your expression.

"There's a first aid kit in my desk." He stated, nodding towards a drawer. You nodded and opened it, grabbing a small kit and pulling it out. Under it was a photo of a small boy... black hair, blue eyes..... your mind made the connection that it must've been William. He was standing with what looked like a younger jim, they looked like they were actually friends... a little dead inside, but... friends. You snapped back to reality, pulling some gauze out and applying pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding, just as William had done for you. Jim didn't even flinch. Jeez, he had a very high pain tolerance. ... you'd be cringing and whimpering and probably balling right about now.

... heh. You'd know, because a few days ago, you did those things exactly.

Jim looked at you, knowing you'd seen the photo, but stayed silent about it. .... you wanted to ask him more, but by that point, his eyes were closed, and he was resting. .... you didn't want to bother him. ... besides, that was a good sign. His guards were down, he... somewhat trusted you enough to take care of him. ... you didn't want to spoil that. 

... part of you wanted to take care of him like this forever.