Chapter 95

Quick authors note: 

Before I get to the chapter, I just wanted to say that I apologize if I don't respond to many comments/don't hold up many conversations. Life is very busy and I'm scared of becoming too addicted to being online. Right now writing is a destressor for me, but talking too much and trying to uphold conversations and being online 24/7 makes my life about 10x more stressful. So sorry for everything, I hope you guys can forgive me. <3 either way, thank you all so much for your support on my story. I hope you all continue to read and enjoy it even if I don't always have deep conversations about it. Love you all! 💜

~~~~~~~ 

Alex's POV:

Alex woke up in the morning, with no recollection of the night before. He yawned and stretched, checking his phone. Then he sighed, getting up and slipping out of his room. He stayed silent though, deliberately avoiding Williams room at all costs. He found Harvey, happily giving him a good morning hug.

"Morning dad.." he smiled, Harvey smiled back lifting the boy into his arms.

"Good morning Alex! How did you sleep?" He asks, holding the small boy who just laughed.

"Good- dad I'm not 5, don't hold me!!" He laughs, squirming in happy protest. He secretly loved it of course, cuddling and being held and loved was something he was derived of growing up.

"But you're so holdable! You're going to grow up to be so tall, I have to hold you while I can! Make up for all those lost years-" Harvey smiled, ruffling the kid's hair. Alex grinned happily, hugging his dad before he was finally let down again.

"What are we going to do today?" He asked in a peppy voice, looking up at his dad cheerily. It was nice to have a real, actual dad... instead of a stupid William pretending to be a dad.

"Not sure yet, kiddo. Anything you want." Harvey responded, before glancing up. Alex turned to see what Harvey was looking at, only to see William entering the room. Immediately Alex caught on to Williams sad vibe; although he seemed to be covering it up the best he could. Alex couldn't tell if Harvey caught on too, Harvey was very hard to read for the most part... but that's okay, Alex could be hard to read too when he wanted. It didn't scare him much, Alex felt like he related and empathized with his dad more than anyone. It was some sort of immediate understanding he felt for the man.

"Morning sleeping beauty. How are you feeling?" Harvey smiled up at William teasingly, William more or less shot him a glare. Stupid William... always so grumpy.

"Harvey, please don't pretend like everything is perfectly fine." William stated crossly. Harvey seemed taken aback, immediately Alex's eyes darkened at seeing that William could have potentially hurt their dad.

"William, stop it." Alex warned. William looked at Alex silently, before fixing his tie.

"Why, Alex? Are you afraid I'll upset Harvey? Afraid he'll be sad? Do you want to hurt me for making him sad?" William tested, crossing his arms. Alex growled immediately in response.

"William STOP!"

Harvey cut in, immediately stepping in between the two, kneeling down to Alex's level.

"Hey, hey... it's alright Alex, I'm not upset. William just didn't sleep well... don't worry, everything alright. I can handle this." He smiled warmly, immediately Alex's eyes brightened up again.

"Wait... did I....?"

"No Alex, you didn't. It's alright. No one got hurt, everyone's safe. Go get something to eat, okay? I'll only be a moment." He smiled, ruffling the kid's hair. Alex smiled and nodded, hopping off into the kitchen.

William's POV:

Harvey stood up straight again, now facing William.

"What are you doing."

"Harvey, you're unstable. I don't think I can trust you."

"IM unstable!?? You're the one trying to set Alex off, William!" Harvey snapped, William remained blank as he faced the erratic man.

"He's growing too attached to you, Harvey. If you treat him like a baby he will cling to you and do anything to protect you, isolating you out of everyone else he's ever cared about. Even if it comes to the point of killing everyone to protect you."

"And you're jealous of that, aren't you? You hate that I get along better with him that you do, don't you? ... oh, or even better... you're jealous of HIM for getting along better with ME." Harvey smiled darkly, William blinked a few times, but remained otherwise blank.

".... Harvey calm down. .... yes. I'm jealous. I hate that you two get along so well and I don't seem to fit in." William responded. Harvey stopped, blinking a few times and nodding.

"I..... ... right. ... sorry. ... William, I'm sorry. Just... don't provoke Alex anymore." Harvey said in a quieter voice, before simply walking away, seeming lost in thought. William sighed. ... great. Not only was Alex growing too attached to Harvey. Harvey was growing too attached to Alex. One wrong move and they'll kill everyone around them to protect each other. .... lucky William he stood out, and was currently the only 'opposing force' to them. .... Jesus this was dangerous.

He went back to his room, pulling out his phone and updating jim on the situation. Jim wasn't responding to any of his texts, but maybe he's at least reading them.. for now, it was the only way William knew how to help. .... it's a shame. ... he genuinely believed a part of Harvey was good, just as a part of Alex was. ... but the bad side of Harvey was dominant, and William had no idea how to help... he could only hope being with Alex they'd help each other figure out how to control their 'bad sides'. .... instead of letting them completely take over.