Chapter 7

Jim leads you to a room, which is pretty much empty except a singular chair in the middle of the room. It looked almost like an..... interrogation room. ...
Jim clapped his hands once, and did a small theatrical spin, before throwing his arms out by his sides, gesturing to the room.

"Welcome, y/n. This is where the magic happens~ this is where I keep all my workers in line if they do something that... well.. I don't like." Jim hums, waltzing to a table filled with multiple instruments of torture. You feel yourself tense up. Oh my god. He's not emotionally unstable. He's insane.

"And your job, my dear~ will be to clean up after everyone leaves. Here's a small hint~ do not. Leave a speck of dirt behind. You'll regret it." Jim hums, glaring at you warningly, with a devious smile. You were frozen in fear of the man, practically trembling in terror. Knowing you've had enough scarring for the morning, Jim smiles, once again pulling you out of the room.

"Don't be so scared~~ I would never hurt you. I'll just have someone else do it. ...... I don't like getting my hands dirty~." He chuckles, strolling along confidently. You were silent, completely horrified.

"I have work to get to~ I'll talk to you tomorrow. Oh any by the way. Just so you know, William is gay." Jim cooed with a smile, before setting off to an unknown destination, leaving you alone in the hallway. As soon as he was gone, you took off to your room, slammed the door shut, and crawled under your private fort while holding back tears. Nevertheless, they fell. What were you thinking?! Jim is a psychopath, if he doesn't kill you, he'll surely have you tortured to death. Half of you desperately wanted to find a way out, the other half.... knew there was no point.

There was a tiny knock on the door, soon after it clicked open slowly, then shut again. You clutched your knees to your chest and stared silently at the floor, forcing yourself to get it together. Finally, a familiar British voice spoke. It sounded more vulnerable than usual, softer, more caring...

"I know what you're thinking. ... please don't try to escape. You'll get yourself, or everyone you've ever cared about killed. I lost my brother 7 years ago to the same reason. Please don't make that mistake. ... Jim's. ... a lot more clever than he comes off as." William spoke softly, eventually kneeling down to catch sight of you under your fort. You glanced over at William, the only person in this building who's so far treated you like an actual human being. Just. Grateful that you had someone at this point.

".... Some day I will leave, William. It's just a matter of doing so when Jim doesn't have eyes on me at all times." You replied, unwilling to even begin to comprehend the fact that you might be stuck here forever. William sighed, ending up crawling in the Fort beside you, in the same position you were in. Knees to his chest, staring at the floor solemnly.

"... alright. Just. ... Not yet. Jim might be a psychopath, but he's not that bad once you get to know him. ... besides. When he is forced to kill someone he had seen great potential in, he gets very moody. ... not fun for the rest of us." The slightest hint of a smile tugs at the corner of his mouth again, you glance over at him. Too bad he was gay...

"So, William. Do you have a boyfriend?"

"... what??!!"

"... Jim said you were g-"

"Dear lord not again. No. I am not gay." William was facepalming, obviously frustrated and slightly embarrassed. You stared at him, laughing slightly, but lost in thought. ..... if William wasn't gay.. why would Jim say he was...? Seriously... Jim couldn't be jealous....
....
.....
....
....... could he...?