Chapter 106

You watched as the door clicked open slowly, revealing Alex standing on the other side.

"Dad—-? Y/n...? What's going on...?" Alex asked, stepping into the room with his brother. Harvey smiled, confidently taking a step back away from jim, leaving him beside Alex. However, he still did not point away the gun away from jim.

"Nothing, Alex~ don't worry about it." Harvey hummed. Jim's eyes were dark.

"... I'm sorry, Harvey. But one thing you didn't take into consideration— y/n loves Alex."

"Irrelevant. He'll still side with me, it doesn't matter how badly I hurt her. He'll always side with me. He's my son." Harvey responded, you could tell he was still convinced jim was wrong. Oh my god... you felt yourself take a few steps forward, watching Alex who seemed to be listening to the conversation blankly- blank was not a good look for Alex. It meant he was fighting against his other side, struggling to keep it in.

"You may be blood related to Alex, and he loves you for that. But he also loves y/n- only difference is, she loves him back, and she's told him so. In summary, Harvey, go ahead and shoot me. However by doing so, you're taking me away from y/n, and in turn she will forever be in pain wondering about the 'what ifs' of the situation. Who knows, a few years down the road the pain may be too much for her, and she may resort to desperate measures to make it stop. .... just like Alex's mom." Jim stated. That was it. You saw alex's eyes fill with darkness and hatred for his dad. This side of him seemed to know why his mom died, why jim thought the same thing would happen to you... and it all zeroed down to Harvey.

You could practically see the boy's train of thought, and it all happened within seconds- Harvey was the problem. He killed Alex's mom, he's been hurting you, and he's going to hurt you even more- maybe even kill you. And it had to stop.

You shrieked as Alex wordlessly lunged at Harvey, a knife in his hand from god knows where. You felt your body practically soar through the air to stop him. You pinned him to the floor until he could regain himself- he was obviously not in his right mind- dear LORD, THIS was Jim's plan??!! Make Alex freak out at seeing you in danger, to the point where he would lose his mind and do ANYTHING to stop it?! Does he realize what he could have done!?

A gunshot went off and you gasped, still holding Alex down but immediately tearing up at the thought of what could be happening behind you. Oh my god.... jim....

"Alex... calm down.... please.." you begged, your voice all choked up as tears began relentlessly pricking at your eyes. Within seconds Alex had stopped, seeing that you were hurting.

".. y/n?" Alex asked, blinking a few times in confusion. You let him go, hands trembling, as you stood up and shakily forced yourself to turn around. Blinking away the tears that blurred your vision, you saw jim on the floor. And you saw blood. Lots of it.

..... but not from him.

Jim seemed to be trying to contemplate what had happened as well- your eyes trailed up the spreading pool red liquid to see where it emanated from. Your mouth dropped open as you saw Harvey laying on the floor, William kneeling beside him blankly. 

~~~~~

AUTHORS NOTE: 

IM S O R R Y.