Chapter 107

"Oh my god— William what happened—??" You asked, immediately scrambling to kneel beside him.

"...I shot him." William stated, looking down at his bleeding dad.

"W-William—" Harvey breathed, attempting to sit up. William placed his fingers on the man's chest, pressing down just hard enough to keep him still.

"... don't, dad." William stated calmly. You looked at William sadly, trying to read him- but you couldn't. He wasn't forcing himself to be blank as usual- he was genuinely numb. Completely immune to feeling anything. ... he had already accepted the situation for what it was.

"Nn.... s-smile more, William... you... you're going to n-need a lot more friends...." Harvey stated, cringing in pain from the wound. William tensed up at the words, then slowly nodded. He seemed to have some sort of memory of them... something Harvey must have said to him once. You weren't sure the exact situation between them, but evidently they had already made up at some point.... 

You brought yourself to look down, and see where harvey's wound was— it was in his chest. He was dying... quickly. Alex could heal him, but.... that was their decision.

As if on cue, Alex crawled up from behind you to see what was going on. You saw his eyes immediately tear up.

"Dad......?" Alex choked out, you took his hand to keep him calm. Harvey smiled weakly at hearing Alex's voice. He knew he had been beaten.. now his good side was back, he was back to normal... back to nice Harvey.

"Alex... t-take care of yourself... a-and your brother, okay? Don't... don't be mad at him.." Harvey cringed in pain once again, you noticed his eyes tearing up slightly. Alex was a wreck; tears streaming down his face.

"D-dad I can save you-!! I-I can help-!!"

"... no, Alex...." harvey replied.

"Dad...." Alex began shuddering with choked sobs, you pulled him into your arms, trying to provide as much comfort to the boy as you could. You felt tears prick at your eyes as well for the boys- they would be orphans...

"... I'm sorry." You heard William say softly, you looked over to see Harvey weakly nod and smile- he was incredibly pale. Evidently was having a hard time talking now...

"I-I love you b-both s-so mu..."

"... I know, dad." William replied, you felt Alex's sobs deepen at the words. You closed your eyes and pulled the boy tighter in your arms. After a few moments, you heard Harvey's breath shudder to a stop. Then, you heard William stand up and silently exit the room. You kissed Alex's forehead softly, carefully petting his hair back.

"It's okay, Alex... it's going to be okay...." you whispered, keeping your eyes closed to hold back the burning tears trying to burst out of you. You heard jim stand up behind you, before he knelt by you, lightly placing a hand on your back to comfort you. You wanted to shake him away... tell him to get lost. He almost made Alex kill his own dad... and instead, William did. ..... you'd talk with him about it later. He was likely cross with you for stopping Alex... he just didn't understand why that would have brought more bad than good. ...

.... for now, you leaned into his touch and accepted his comfort. You all needed it...