Chapter 105

You looked between the two men, sweating in anticipation. My god... jim was smiling. 

".... what. What's so funny." Harvey snapped, glaring at jim, steadily aiming the gun at his head.

"Nothing... nothing. Carry on."

"You think this is a bloody joke??! You find it amusing that my wife is dead??!"

With that, jim stepped right up to Harvey. You gasped, going to grab his sleeve to stop him but he yanked it away, ignoring you.

"You killed your wife, Harvey. All those years of abuse you inflicted upon her, all that time she tried her best to help you but you pushed her away.. those nights Alex hid in his bedroom while she blocked you from getting in the door, risking her own life to protect him while you beat her. That was all YOU. She begged me to kill her and that's on YOU. You are the one who killed your wife. And now you're going to kill me, to make y/n suffer the loss you went through... but she doesn't deserve it, does she. You were a monster already, Harvey. I kept you away from your sons to protect THEM." Jim stated, from the angle you were at you could see Jim's mouth curved into a slight smile- he obviously had a plan.... uh oh. Harvey growled in response to Jim's accusation.

"No. You're wrong."

"But you're not just killing me, are you. With me dead, y/n wouldn't last long. She'd be completely torn apart. You're going to tear her to pieces." Jim stated, Harvey's eyes darkened more, his lips curved into a smile to match Jim's.

"... I guess that's a bonus then, isn't it?" Harvey responded darkly. "Tell me, jim, what do you think you're doing." Harvey asked, the gun between them not wavering. Jim seemed calm and collected, unlike earlier where he seemed scared and... almost intimidated by Harvey.

"I'm beating you at your own game, Harvey~ you've kept Alex with you all this time, assuming he would grow more attached to you than he was with y/n. Problem is, Alex and y/n have still been texting~." Jim stated, Harvey went silent. You drew your eyebrows together.

"What— does that have to do with anything, James-?" You asked from behind him, confused. Jim just smiled more, seeming pleased at your question.

"Well, my dear~ Alex and Harvey get along well. However, by keeping in contact with him, he still chooses you over him. After all, the entire time he was with Harvey, he only wanted to come here and visit you again. If you hurt me, Harvey.... then you're hurting y/n. And you know the extent Alex would go to keep the one he loves most from getting hurt....." jim hummed calmly. Harvey was silent. Your eyes widened. Oh my god... jim was going to make Alex turn against his dad completely to protect you..

.... then Harvey laughed. A deep, ominous, spine chilling laugh. Jim's smile slowly faded, you were completely frozen from behind them. What.. the hell...

"Oh, jimmy jim jim. You underestimate me~." Harvey hummed, pulling his phone out with one hand, still holding the gun in the other.

"Let's see... last night, y/n texted Alex. 'Hey bud, I miss you so much! Can't wait to see you again!' Alex texted back; 'me too, it feels a bit lonely without you. See you tomorrow!' Sweet, huh? I have it all right here... Oh wait, here, my favourite one is this morning. Y/n said, 'good morning, sweetheart! I love you! Can't wait to see you!' Alex replied, 'you too, I'm so excited! Soon William will make us all tea again!' ... funny how easy it is to be someone else completely when texting. All you need to do is press a few buttons to get into someone's conversations, from there on just say whatever you want~" Harvey stated calmly. Your eyes widened more- oh my god. You've been trying to text Alex but Harvey hacked his phone and replied to all your texts- pretending to be Alex. He knew Jim's plan all along, which was to keep Alex closer to you than he was Harvey- but Harvey completely turned that around. Harvey's been with the kid for a while now, no doubt he would choose Harvey over you. They're blood related. you couldn't top that?!! And now jim would be stuck, since his plan has failed. Oh my GOD.

"Feeling scared now, jimbo~?" Harvey hummed. Jim was completely silent.